The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Costumes for 4H (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/costumes-4h-109183/)

scwrl 01-11-2012 09:00 PM

Costumes for 4H

if anyone knows any good costumes Milkshake and i could use please respond. look at Milkshake so you don't give my ideas like a unicorn.

barrelracer11 02-15-2012 03:55 PM

My friend recently had a really cute costume where she put a white sheet over her horse and pinned different sized white baloons and ribber duckies to look like a bath and then wore a bathrobe with a towel on her head. Not sure how spooky your horse is or if it would let you do that though. Haha! Another cute one Iv'e seen is your horse as a pinata and you as a mexican.

equiniphile 02-15-2012 06:27 PM

Bride and groom, first place ;-)

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r..._5426047_n.jpg

RoosHuman 02-16-2012 10:50 AM

My riding instructor said that Harry Potter costumes are really popular... I think it would be fun to dress my mare up as Hermione. ;)

Horselover1215 02-16-2012 02:48 PM

I did a pirate costume with a pony a few years back.

poundinghooves 02-16-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 1361571)

Love this! It looks hard though.

equiniphile 02-16-2012 06:00 PM

Would you believe we put it all together the day before the class? Dress was $50 from Goodwill, and the rest of the stuff was decorating stuff from around the house.

Scoutrider 02-18-2012 06:03 PM

One of my favorites was a kid in the 4-H who dressed their (red chestnut) pony gelding up as a hot dog - made "buns" out of old brown blankets stuffed and sewn into long bun-shapes, draped over the horse's back with tie-down straps. The girl took her little sister in with her, and they dressed as bottles of ketchup and mustard.

One group does well every year - about 6 guys and a monster of a Belgian. They did a Gladiator theme a couple of years back: the horse was done up like a lion, with about 4 guys "fighting" to hold it back with chains and harness (really ground driving him with theatrics), one guy dressed up as the Roman emperor, and another guy dressed as a gladiator. That was a hoot... they had the whole bedsheet toga thing going, and the "lion handlers" had a nice quantity of fake blood and injuries, etc... Part of that group's success is that they really get in-character for the class; the lion-handlers all knelt before the judge, and the emperor gave the whole thumbs-up bit, lol.

MHFoundation Quarters 02-18-2012 06:11 PM

I wish I had pictures of some that I've seen over the years. My favorite at shows I judged last season was a golfer & his golf cart. They built a fiberglass golf cart shell and put on his pony and he was dressed in traditional golf garb. The pony was wearing a sign on his butt that said "Tee'd Off" It was really cute.

Saw another that used a blue sheet and covered in a shad catch net and hung shells, etc from it and the rider was in full dive gear. Horse even had on flippers & snorkel.

I (many, many years ago) did zookeeper & zebra with my black mare and painted her stripes with white liquid shoe polish. Looked awesome until the white stripes wouldn't wash out and I had to show my zebra in my regular performance classes :oops:

happy123 02-18-2012 06:31 PM

Im loving the white helmet under your bride and groom costume! lol