The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   do think this is bogus or does it really simulate a rider? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/do-think-bogus-does-really-simulate-109199/)

Radar Star Stables 01-11-2012 11:24 PM

do think this is bogus or does it really simulate a rider?

has anyone seen, heard,used, or own one of these? and if so what are your experiences?
it makes sense to me for some reason.

Brighteyes 01-11-2012 11:28 PM

Whether it works or not, I want one! :lol: Just to play with. Simon the school master noodle... Love it.

On a more serious note, the noodle actually seems to response by bending its body in an almost horse-like way when given cues.

Skyseternalangel 01-11-2012 11:28 PM

Umm.. I think with a good trainer and a good tempered horse, you can learn anything you put your mind to.. without making short cuts like this. What do you do after you're done learning everything it has to offer?

It might be good for a riding instructor to teach things to others.. but for a rider? I don't see it being very helpful.

Radar Star Stables 01-12-2012 12:10 AM

i know right! i think both of you have good points. but my view of it is more psychological than physical and that is what stood out to me. in conjunction to a real horse it could help with demonstration and introduction to how the cues are applied to a horse and how it laterally is supposed to function if you understand my meaning. idk i just was smitten with it.

Skyseternalangel 01-12-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Star Stables (Post 1304623)
i know right! i think both of you have good points. but my view of it is more psychological than physical and that is what stood out to me. in conjunction to a real horse it could help with demonstration and introduction to how the cues are applied to a horse and how it laterally is supposed to function if you understand my meaning. idk i just was smitten with it.

It definitely is fun seeming to play with it haha

loveduffy 01-12-2012 12:46 AM

I would get one for my nephew or make one

kitten_Val 01-12-2012 09:09 AM

I'm with Sky - I don't see how helpful it is for the rider. Fun - absolutely! :)

MHFoundation Quarters 01-12-2012 09:15 AM

Hmmm. I have pool noodles in my barn but we "joust" with them ;)

~*~anebel~*~ 01-12-2012 09:56 AM

I can see how it would be useful for someone to understand the correct positioning in the movements. I see more counterbent leg yields than half passes and more down the wall leg yields than travers or shoulder in in the show ring these days. Even some PSG riders I've seen would benefit from something like this to learn the correct positioning and bend of lateral movements.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 01-12-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~ (Post 1304995)
I can see how it would be useful for someone to understand the correct positioning in the movements. I see more counterbent leg yields than half passes and more down the wall leg yields than travers or shoulder in in the show ring these days. Even some PSG riders I've seen would benefit from something like this to learn the correct positioning and bend of lateral movements.
Posted via Mobile Device

But wouldn't be just simple reading be enough? Coupled with the $1 noddle from Dollar Tree to bend it per pics. I didn't check a price on this thing, but to me it sounds like a gimmick to make money.