The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Karen Rohlf Dressage Naturally? (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/karen-rohlf-dressage-naturally-109221/)

henia 01-12-2012 03:28 AM

Karen Rohlf Dressage Naturally?

I wasn't sure where I should put this thread: in the dressage section or natural horsmanship :)
I have read part of a book Dressage Naturally and watched part of a dvd. All what I know about her is that she does dressage and uses PNH method. I found few useful exerciases in her book (but haven't tried it yet).
Few days ago I heard that she will be in Poland in June and I wonder if it is good idea to go to her course. It takes four days and is very expensive for me and I don't know if it is worth it. I wouldn't be with my horse but just as a listener.
I don't ride dressage professionally. I just want to make my horse comfortable in move with me on her back. Is her lessons so valuable that I would learn a lot even when being only listener?
Posted via Mobile Device

DejaVu 01-19-2012 02:41 PM

I would go for it. I've learned quite a few things from her Youtube channel, and really like her. I ride HUS and WP now and still am able to use her methods, so you'd definitely benefit.

Northern 01-19-2012 03:23 PM

I've spent a little time reading her responses to student's questions, & feel that she's got a good understanding, & is kind to the horse. Pool noodle/prices? not so sure.

However, I read on a forum how KR inexplicably failed to communicate with a person who was ready to really get into her program & give her financial & other perks, plus, I've sent her a simple question twice now, that she's decided not to answer.

(Not that I expect long, detailed answers from someone whose program I'm not already involved in, but zero response doesn't seem right to me.)

Saranda 01-19-2012 03:23 PM

It will be totally worth it! She's very creative and full of great ideas. I'd go if I were you!

henia 02-14-2012 03:40 AM

Thank you for your responses! :) I still don't know if I could go, because it all depends on money, but I will definitely try :)