The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Buck (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/buck-109950/)

Ink 01-18-2012 04:03 PM

Buck

Have any of you guys seen this movie? It's a documentary about Buck Brannaman, the trainer Nicholas Evans modeled the Horse Whisperer after.
Here's a link to the movie website BUCK - Buck Brannaman Documentary | Cedar Creek Productions, LLC

I hadn't heard of Brannaman before watching this movie, but from what I saw, I liked his methods. He has a really interesting story, and on top of that it's quite a beautiful film. If any of you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend checking it out (you can watch it instantly on Netflix!).

For those of you who have seen it, what did you think? I'm especially curious to know if anyone's had a chance to go to one of his clinics.

csimkunas6 01-18-2012 07:57 PM

Loved the movie! My nonhorsey husband even enjoyed it! I would love to go to one of his clinics, there was actually one not far away a few months ago. Im hoping he comes back again this coming year. Would love the opportunity to work with him, and have him work with my horse, but Im figuring his prices are probably very high!

BaileyJo 01-18-2012 08:03 PM

I saw it also - actually twice. Really enjoyed it too. What an inspiring story about his own life.

Mellow Mel 01-18-2012 08:50 PM

great story...he truely has a magic way with horses

Country Woman 01-18-2012 09:17 PM

I need to see and get this movie

loveduffy 01-19-2012 01:19 AM

I saw it and like it very well done

SorrelHorse 01-19-2012 02:25 AM

I did like the movie,and most of his methods too. I did feel like they showe just a TON of bad stuff to make the method look like the holy gift from the horse gods in comparison, but I guess thats what made it a movie...

muumi 01-19-2012 07:09 AM

i watched it twice in two days... its very inspiring!

Remy410 01-19-2012 09:37 AM

That was a very good movie and quite inspiring. It's easy to whine about everything wrong in your life until you see people who really have to overcome adversity!

I did like some of his methods. I generally will listen to a lot of different trainers with different methods and see what I can pull from each, whether I agree with everything they do or not.

He may have some books and videos available.

Allison Finch 01-19-2012 10:09 AM

I like Buck. He used to come to Chapel Hill often to clinic. His primary audience here was the upper level dressage folks, which I loved. He is really no-nonsense and down to earth.