The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   BOT EGGS!ahh! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/bot-eggs-ahh-110088/)

princessbroccoli98 01-19-2012 08:07 PM

BOT EGGS!ahh!

so my Horse has Bot eggs on her legs and i need to know how to get them off cause i have no idea- and i dont want to buy something... can anybody help! PLEASE!

BornToRun 01-19-2012 08:15 PM

Scrape them off with bot knife?

princessbroccoli98 01-19-2012 08:21 PM

thats the thing- i dont have one, and i really dont want to have to but one....

RoosHuman 01-19-2012 08:34 PM

Ugh they are SO annoying. I use a bot knife... They are only around $3.

Tianimalz 01-19-2012 09:00 PM

Bot knifes are super cheap... I'm like, the cheapest person on this thread and even I got one :rofl: Most stores that have a couple horse grooming items (Its Hudsons here) will have a cheap little bot knife and if you take care of it you likely won't need a new one for a very long time :) Plus it's only a couple dollars, mine was 3 or 4... can't remember, I've had it for three years :lol:

Edit: PLUS, getting the bots off now with a cheap little knife, is much cheaper than having to de-infest your horse from bot /larvae/ *shudder*

Catsgotgame 01-20-2012 12:12 AM

What are bot eggs? haha i have never even heard of that

Zeke 01-20-2012 12:25 AM

If you have one of those grey de-shedding blocks laying around that will do the trick too.
Posted via Mobile Device

princessbroccoli98 01-20-2012 11:16 AM

ok- i think i will get a bot knife=) didnt know they were so cheap=) but i read on a website that if you use a razor (like the ones you use to shave your legs=) and gentley scrape their legs...the bot eggs come right off! so im going to go try it and if it doesnt work i will just get a bot knife=) thanks everybody!

princessbroccoli98 01-20-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsgotgame (Post 1316999)
What are bot eggs? haha i have never even heard of that

bot eggs are nasty little teeny tiny yellow eggs that are usally on your horses legs and arnt easy to get off- like you cant just brush them off. and if your horses eat them they could give them worms!!!! =( anyways- you should really read about them ....it is VERY inmportant that you do.!!!!! learn about them because you will need to know about them if your horse ever does get them!

Skyseternalangel 01-20-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbroccoli98 (Post 1317547)
bot eggs are nasty little teeny tiny yellow eggs that are usally on your horses legs and arnt easy to get off- like you cant just brush them off. and if your horses eat them they could give them worms!!!! =( anyways- you should really read about them ....it is VERY inmportant that you do.!!!!! learn about them because you will need to know about them if your horse ever does get them!

O_O... okay officially grossed out and worried! My best hedgehog friend died via bot egg larvae.. so sad.

Guess what my next purchase is!!! :P