The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Pippa and Kate are gone (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/pippa-kate-gone-110241/)

Sophie19 01-21-2012 09:17 AM

Pippa and Kate are gone

The two fillies my Uncle got have been moved to a different property. The owner of the property where I keep Hershey was feeling stressed out about how my uncle was managing them. Also, he apparently did not talk to her about it before he brought the horses in. :shock:

What makes my blood boil a little bit is that he has decided to breed them instead of training them. These are two mares without papers, who are skittish and untrained. They are being breed by a man who has no horse experience whatsoever. He could easily have both these horses ridable in a year, but instead he is breeding some foals. He said he wants a colt. I am afraid he wont even geld it if he gets one. He also told me he wants a baby horse so his granddaughter(4 years old) can grow up with it. I think his granddaughter would do much better to have a horse that is already well broke that she can have a good experience with, but he is stuck on the idea of her 'growing up with it'.

Repeat to self: These are not my horses, I have no control over this situation and should let it go.

My only option is to talk to my Aunt about making sure her little granddaughter is not out messing around with some young stallion. Her motherly instincts might kick in and at least keep the children out of this mess.

Skyseternalangel 01-21-2012 01:15 PM

That's sickening.. the whole situation. Not having any control over what happens to those two horses that sound like they need a helping hand.

:/ So what now?

Dreamcatcher Arabians 01-21-2012 01:22 PM

Unfortunately this is a "Walk Away NOW" kind of deal. If you stick around you'll keep getting irritated about the whole thing and it will affect your family relationship. Walk away and just put it out of your mind for your own peace. It's really not your business, and while I totally agree with you, your uncle has the right to make his own decisions. Hopefully, he'll get tired of feeding something he can't ride and will sell the whole lot to a better situation before one of his kids gets hurt.

Sophie19 01-21-2012 01:45 PM

Thats my plan. I've offered my advice and thats really all I can do.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 01-21-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie19 (Post 1319120)
Thats my plan. I've offered my advice and thats really all I can do.

It really is, unfortunately. :cry: