The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Pedigree Help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/pedigree-help-110436/)

jumanji321 01-23-2012 02:09 AM

Pedigree Help

I have no idea if this belongs here, but it could always be moved. Anyway, I'm having issues understanding what on Earth my mare was bred for. I was told she is barrel bred, but I don't think that is all she was bred for.

Monroe Blue Quarter Horse

stacysills02 01-23-2012 11:08 AM

all i know is doc bar was a cutting horse and she has it on both side.

WyndellaRose 01-23-2012 12:45 PM

King Leo Bar apparently has offspring who are race champions and halter champions.

Faceman 01-23-2012 01:21 PM

Cutting, although there is a TB line in the woodpile...

jumanji321 01-23-2012 02:47 PM

Yeah, it's the TB that mixes everything up.

DrumRunner 01-23-2012 02:53 PM

You're mare is all cutting and working cow horse bred. There a many really good names on her papers, they may be a few generations back but still a good foundation all around.

The little tiny bit of TB on her bottom side isn't enough to really effect anything.

jumanji321 01-23-2012 02:57 PM

Actually, she looks like a TB when she's in really good shape. Super fast and she actually is a decent jumper too. She also had a high enough percentage to get her registered as an appendix.

Faceman 01-23-2012 04:10 PM

Have you tried her on barrels? In theory, a cutter with TB mixed in should be good on barrels...it will of course vary with the individual horse...

hillside farm 01-23-2012 04:14 PM

I agree totally with Drum Runner on your horse's pedigree.
I owned a daughter of Three Chicks by Tru Tru Chick by Tru Tru By Truly Truckle, she was running quarter horse bred.
I have never heard of a barrel bred horse, but then anything is possiable today.
The way your horse is bred , it should be able to excel in anything you try.

DrumRunner 01-23-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 1322053)
Actually, she looks like a TB when she's in really good shape. Super fast and she actually is a decent jumper too. She also had a high enough percentage to get her registered as an appendix.

No, you took that wrong..or I didn't word it well enough... I meant that the little TB Wasn't enough to take away anything good from the QH traits...I have an appendix QH/TB mare that is an awesome barrel horse. She's reining and working cow horse bred with a ton of speed from her dam's TB side...IMO, that is the best mix for a barrel horse...I absolutely love cow horse bloodlines, they are my favorite..

Hillside said s/he (sorry I don't know what you are?) didn't know horses were bred for barrels? Lol Oh yes :wink: , they are. Just like any other discipline, horses are bred and planned out for traits..There are a lot of good barrel horse bloodlines out there..Lots of talent too.