The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   HUS Prospect? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/hus-prospect-110669/)

MyLittlePonies 01-25-2012 12:18 AM

HUS Prospect?

We bought this boy in 2010 and I was reviewing his YouTube vids and do you think he'd be good at HUS? Or just Western Pleasure events? He's a pretty good boy learning new things.

*Note: I didn't take these videos.

Him at the trot

Him at the canter

Elana 01-25-2012 08:42 AM

I don't know if he will make it in HUS. He might in WP. I will say this.. whoever is riding him.. needs to sit up straight and push him into the bit and get him working off his hind quarters. He is very very very front end heavy and not using his "ring of muscles" at all. He also looks to be butt high, which makes balancing to the rear more difficult.

farmpony84 01-25-2012 10:46 AM

I think he has potential. I agree with the above poster, he needs to be pushed forward more and get off his front end. I definitely think he could do it, he probably is better at the western but he'd probably make a decent all-around prospect, especially for the youth classes...

MyLittlePonies 01-25-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1325263)
I think he has potential. I agree with the above poster, he needs to be pushed forward more and get off his front end. I definitely think he could do it, he probably is better at the western but he'd probably make a decent all-around prospect, especially for the youth classes...

I agree with you guys there. I tried to push him in a western saddle and he does really good extending out. But I'm not completely used to HUS events. I just started to ride it for a year and a half.

He's completed in western pleasre already and is a really smooth mover like a rocking chair.