The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Might be moving (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/might-moving-110682/)

Gidget 01-25-2012 02:03 AM

Might be moving

We might be moving to a stable next month after our rent at the pasture is up. We found a place that sounds nice but we are going to look at the place and see what the rules are before moving in. It's $60 per horse and they have stalls,turnouts,large indoor arena,and 25 acres of pasture.
My husband wants to move them due to fencing and my mom's horse likes to shred blankets and we can't really afford buying a new one every week so we thought about it and I was looking around. Another thing is that we will only be able to afford to have 2 when boarding there...so that means Stormy would have to go back to my mom(we had a deal that if for some reason I couldn't have Stormy anymore that my mom would take her back to care for her)....I am attached to Stormy.She is a sweet girl. I even recieved a name tag with her name on it for xmas. I just hate the thought of not having her but wonder if it's for the best.

guess I just needed to ask opinions....

waresbear 01-25-2012 02:07 AM

$60 per horse at a stable? With an indoor arena? Wow, that's very, very reasonable. Here, self board with an indoor arena (only 2 places here rest are an hour's drive away) is $150, to have an indoor stall & turnout. You provide all your own food & bedding.

Gidget 01-25-2012 02:12 AM

It is an extremely good deal. We are hoping to move there but I just hate the thought of parting with Stormy but wonder if it would be for the best?..not sure..just bumbed about the possibilty of not having her anymore.

Most places are about $150 on up for stables here.

caseymyhorserocks 01-26-2012 07:35 PM

Could ya move Gidget but keep Stormy at the other place??

And speaking of which, I may be moving to Montana or Colorado! Pretty cool isn't it?!

flyinghooves 01-31-2012 09:33 PM

I'm going thru the same thing right now. We are moving and I might have to get rid of my precious Cocoa...breaks my heart. Does your mom live far away? Maybe you could visit Stormy alot or ask you mom to keep a different horse so you can take her. Those boarding prices sound like a great deal compared to what I'm looking at.

flyinghooves 01-31-2012 09:35 PM

Hey caseymyhorserocks, We are moving to Colorado too although montana would be great lol. What will you do with your horses? Take them with? Let me know how it goes!

Bridgertrot 02-01-2012 02:09 PM

Wow...I would kill to find a place with an indoor for $60 haha.

And there sure are a lot of people moving to Colorado lately...I welcome you with open arms! :D

Gidget 02-01-2012 04:29 PM

Yea,it's not too bad. I mean it could be better but there is always room for improvements in places. I really like it there. My horse doesn't seem to mind either and she is behaving more. i think she likes being able to get out of her stall so she isn't such a beez. I also found out we have a quarter mile track! So I'm going to be breezing Gidget once in awhile. I also have an area to go on trail rides. It's really a deal. I just miss Stormy a lot.

caseymyhorserocks 02-01-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyinghooves (Post 1335294)
Hey caseymyhorserocks, We are moving to Colorado too although montana would be great lol. What will you do with your horses? Take them with? Let me know how it goes!

Yes! I would take Casey with me, my horse is always part of the deal.

franknbeans 02-01-2012 08:46 PM

$60 a month is unbelievable. I have my retiree at a friends pasture boarded no indoor for $275. MD and Va are even more. I don't want to sound harsh, but you are married, have 3 horses and are fortunate enough to not have to SELL one! Your mom is taking it, as opposed to having to sell, and you get to keep 2! ANy idea how many people would love to just have 1?
Please look at the good things here, and stop whining. There are many who definitely have it worse. You are an adult. Please.