The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   I have moved to the beach. (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/i-have-moved-beach-110684/)

kiwigirl 01-25-2012 02:24 AM

I have moved to the beach.

3 Attachment(s)
Well guys, I am currently having a bit of a sulk.

Due to a rather strange and sudden twist my family and I had to leave our home in the hills. Some of you will have seen the pics I have posted of the riding country where I was living. It was fantastic! Thousands of acres of exciting country to ride on, river crossings, hills forest tracks, it was superb.

We have had to move down to the coast. Ok, it is our own property, 13 acres of coastal real estate. Literally 2 minutes to my daughters school. A house that is three times as big as the shoe box we were previously living in. But still.

I am sounding very ungrateful at the moment I know, I guess I just don't handle change well. All the land immediately surrounding us is dairy farms, which means a gate every 30 yards and electric tape everywhere. I was spoiled by the big dry stock hill country farms I had to ride on, where I could ride for four hours and come across 2 gates the whole time.

How ever I am sure I can work something out and at least living by the beach means I will be able to ride all year round. I will get over my sulk I promise.

Here are some pics of my new riding area.

kiwigirl 01-25-2012 02:26 AM

Forgot to add that in the last pic if you look carefully you can see there are heaps of logs. It is a perfect place for Phoenny and I to do some jumping practice, which will be interesting.

Turndial 01-25-2012 03:05 AM

Kiwigirl, you will get not sympathy from me regarding your 'plight'!!

It looks great and am sure you will enjoy it

QOS 01-25-2012 09:18 AM

change can be upsetting but just think of it as an adventure. New places to explore, new places to ride. And riding year around is pretty darn sweet. I live near the coast of Texas - I am about 17 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico. I went riding this past weekend in the dead of winter in all of a light short sleeved tee shirt! We can have really cold days but we have loads of days that a tee shirt works so living by the coast has tons of advantages. Cant wait to hear about your new adventures.

gigem88 01-25-2012 09:31 AM

Wow, I wish our beaches were that nice! Good luck on your new adventures.

Skyseternalangel 01-25-2012 10:28 AM

Gorgeous land! Lucky you :)

I'm moving to New Zealand soon, not with my horse though or I'd do join you on the beach!

MangoRoX87 01-25-2012 11:29 AM

O.o
I have no sympathy for you. Envy, yes. Sympathy, no. :)

mystykat 01-25-2012 11:32 AM

I would have no complaints! But that's probably because I get gravel roads and ditches to ride in.
It sucks that you had to move and especially from such beautiful countryside. But the coast looks beautiful too! And at least you got to take your horse! :D

kevinshorses 01-25-2012 11:50 AM

It still looks better than a poke in the eye!

MHFoundation Quarters 01-25-2012 11:57 AM

Have to say kiwi, I'm not feeling too sorry for you, living somewhere landlocked I'd LOVE to have the beach nearby. What a gorgeous place to ride! I'm sure you'll love it once you've settled in. More beach riding pictures, pretty please!