The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   What are you working on? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/what-you-working-110734/)

Shasta1981 01-25-2012 03:01 PM

What are you working on?

Just curious - what are you working on with your horses? I like hearing about what other people are doing, helps me stay focused and motivated!

Iseul 01-25-2012 05:35 PM

I'm currently working on flexation, extension, and staying calm versus excited.(:
Lucky tends to want to ignore the bit when she gets past a certain point, so we're working on just not getting to that point at all. :3 I'm trying it out to see where we're at at a show Friday..hopefully we don't have a runaway kicker :p

Oh, and standing ground tied..Another rider (owner's friend) messed that up, so we're having a "come to Jesus" meeting either tomorrow or Friday before the show, because I don't plan on bringing a whip to the show to school her on that. I wanna be able to go get a coffee and leave her go like I use to, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

gingerscout 01-25-2012 05:37 PM

my horse was a skinny yearling rescue.. so im working on putting weight back on her.. and training her to be a horse.. working with her feet, training her to lead.. teaching her her blanket is not a big scary monster.. stuff like that

mudpie 01-25-2012 05:38 PM

Working on the right lead, turns on the forehand, and getting him out of young horse habits (leaning on or getting behind the bit)

Kayty 01-25-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerscout (Post 1325913)
my horse was a skinny yearling rescue.. so im working on putting weight back on her.. and training her to be a horse.. working with her feet, training her to lead.. teaching her her blanket is not a big scary monster.. stuff like that

I believe this thread is intended to ask what people are working on in regards to dressage training ;)

gingerscout 01-25-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayty (Post 1325940)
I believe this thread is intended to ask what people are working on in regards to dressage training ;)

my bad didnt read too far into it..lol disregard my last post then...lol

MomoMozyyy 01-25-2012 06:09 PM

Currently, I'm working on my gaited dressage with my fox trotter, Romeo. We're mostly working on improving our gaits, and the quality of them right now. He's got his medium, flatwalk, fox trot, and running walk down but he is struggling a bit with his free walk. I'm not too worried with his free walk seeing as though it is usually a difficulty for his breed. So right now we're working on holding these gaits smoothly and easily. Other than the free walk he is coming together excellently!

After this I will pick it up and work on his canter. Romeo has always had a wonderful canter, but he has issues holding it in small movements (such as circles). I trust that my trainer and peers will help us get on the right track with it, though. Even with our few faults I am proud of my horse because this will be the first year either of us show english!

legyield768 01-25-2012 06:13 PM

With Pie I'm working on leg yields and not bolting in the canter. Also getting him to use his hind end more. With Callie I'm working on bending and not getting behind the vertical.
Posted via Mobile Device

lubylol 01-25-2012 06:17 PM

I'm working on getting Cowboy on the bit, and have a nice headset. He has it at the walk lol. We're also working on bending because our "circles" look more like ovals. We're also working on leg yeilding and having cleaner transitions. Oh and to stop...not 5 strides later realize what I want him to do lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

waresbear 01-25-2012 06:19 PM

Extending everything. My horse likes to collect it up, he has a beautiful lank extension, we both have to work on it.