The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Male riders and uhh... comfort (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/male-riders-uhh-comfort-110738/)

CessBee 01-25-2012 04:02 PM

Male riders and uhh... comfort

Sorry if this topic may not be quite suited to this part of the forum, but it seems the best place to put it.

A question for male riders, how do you stay comfortable and "arrange" yourself for riding?

My boyfriend wants to take up riding but he is concerned with the comfort factor and obviously as any guy doesn't want to hurt himself. (I hope you guys know what I am referring to or this could be awkward :P)

Once again, sorry if this offends anyone and try to keep as G as possible, if there is a reply that you cannot word properly and keep it safe, message me please :)

tinyliny 01-25-2012 04:32 PM

There are several good threads on how to keep "the boys"comfortable when riding. It is certainly a valid topic and since plenty of men ride, they deal with this on a regular basis. You would have to do a search to find those threads. Something like, "Men riding comfortably" /?

tinyliny 01-25-2012 04:33 PM

How about this one?

http://www.horseforum.com/horse-ridi...ht=male+riders

mildot 01-25-2012 05:14 PM

I had one or two "collisions" when learning to post the trot (english saddle) but soon got cured of that.

I never had the problem when walking, sitting, the trot, or cantering. Dunno about galloping, since I'm completely off the saddle.

VT Trail Trotters 01-25-2012 06:47 PM

Im a guy and i may say, you gotta be careful and wearing boxer shorts may not be a great idea when riding. My 2 cents.

COWCHICK77 01-25-2012 07:10 PM

LOL, thats funny I was thinking of this -this afternoon....you never know what I am thinking.......

Because I was listening to a show that was talking about the side effects of spin class..the one where they go really fast on bicycles that go nowhere. And I was wondering if this held true with riding horses...

I am going to call my husband and get the scoop and let you know...

Walkamile 01-25-2012 07:12 PM

Not being a male, I can't offer any hands on advice, erhum, so to speak. But an 87 yr old gentleman that I ride with offered this advice for me to give to my husband. "Sit back on his pockets" :lol:

mildot 01-25-2012 07:26 PM

Breeches and briefs FTW

waresbear 01-25-2012 07:29 PM

I asked my hubby about this before when it came up in a previous post. He rides english only. He said our instructor and another instructor before the one we use now, told him to ride on your rear, not your crotch. Obviously he follows instructions well. Guess I should ask him what he did when he was a kid & rode bareback & delivered newspapers, lol.

tecara 01-25-2012 07:40 PM

My husband wears "under armor" boxerjocks... they are a form fitting underwear that he says keeps everything in place... and yes sitting back on the pockets definitely helps. He also tried a lot of saddles before finding the one the liked and that had the best fit.