The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Not gettng along with the owner... Need advice! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/not-gettng-along-owner-need-advice-110759/)

EquestrianCowgirl4 01-25-2012 07:38 PM

Not gettng along with the owner... Need advice!

Ok well I board at this Stable and i love everything about it and everyone there exept for.... the owner...
Everything I do she has a negitive comment for it. Everything I say she has a negitive comment for it even if i am not even talkng to her....
I don't even pay her for board I pay my trainer tht has his own few pens with his horses and we have worked out a deal ( It's complacated and i don't feel like writing it all)
What should I do about this?
She has even gotten me in trubble for complete acidents or things i didn't do. Or things i did but they weren't really bad she just over reacts and makes it sound like it's alot worse than it is!
My parents have banned me from there for a wile and I don't kow what to do I miss my horses!
I am allowed to go back there in a few days but how do i face the owner??
ADVICE NEEDED!

Walkamile 01-25-2012 07:42 PM

Before I offer any advice, I would like to ask why you parents banned you for going there for a while?

EquestrianCowgirl4 01-25-2012 07:50 PM

haha ok Well me and my friend went into the owners house real quick to grab something ( we are usually welcome in there) and i guess we left some mud on he floor. So she told us to clean it up... so we did.
Than she tells my parents and makes it sound like i killed someone! She is going on how we like messed up her house which we didn't i swear! My parents are taking her story over mine like usual so yeah.
but the other thing that kind of bothers me is she never told my friends parents just mine. She has had this grudge on me ever since i left training with her to go to a trainer that acually knows what he's talking about. But i never was mean to her about it or said anything rude to her...

BornToRun 01-25-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquestrianCowgirl4 (Post 1326182)
haha ok Well me and my friend went into the owners house real quick to grab something ( we are usually welcome in there) and i guess we left some mud on he floor. So she told us to clean it up... so we did.
Than she tells my parents and makes it sound like i killed someone! She is going on how we like messed up her house which we didn't i swear! My parents are taking her story over mine like usual so yeah.
but the other thing that kind of bothers me is she never told my friends parents just mine. She has had this grudge on me ever since i left training with her to go to a trainer that acually knows what he's talking about. But i never was mean to her about it or said anything rude to her...

Have you tried telling your parents that? Maybe they just haven't heard the whole story?

Walkamile 01-25-2012 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=EquestrianCowgirl4;1326182]haha ok Well me and my friend went into the owners house real quick to grab something ( we are usually welcome in there) and i guess we left some mud on he floor. So she told us to clean it up... so we did.
but the other thing that kind of bothers me is she never told my friends parents just mine. She has had this grudge on me ever since i left training with her to go to a trainer that acually knows what he's talking about. But i never was mean to her about it or said anything rude to her...[/QUOTE]

These 2 things stuck out for me.

For the first, mud on the floor, if you haven't apologized, you need to. Not very respectful of someone's home.

The second, consider that perhaps she has overheard that this is what you think of her. Maybe a friend talking to a friend and she overheard. Just a thought.

I suggest you follow each rule to the letter, and be respectful at all times if you aren't already.

Good luck.

tinyliny 01-25-2012 08:22 PM

I totally agree with Walkamile. Barn gossip has a way of getting around. YOu would be amazed. You need to apologize. take responsibility. If you want to stay there, then bow your head and toe the line. That's all there is to it.

EquestrianCowgirl4 01-25-2012 08:59 PM

I have appoligized like 4 times she doesn't seem to ever forgive me....
and I really haven't said anything bad about her I just wanted to advance in riding and she isn't even a real instuctor so she can't be to hurt. We used to have a good relationship i mean i even worked with alot of her horses, broke one even. I just don't get it. And we cleaned it up really well, idk....
Plus why do you think she only told my parents and not my friends???

EquestrianCowgirl4 01-25-2012 09:03 PM

and borntorun i have really but they think i should just do whatever she says even if it's not fair just because she's letting me on her property. But i pay to be out there and i have NEVER abused that privlage or hurt the porperty in some way. and they don't beleive me about her over reacting and making it sound worse or adding untrue details. i try to be nice and respectful to her i buy her presents for christmas and her b-day i sweep the barn when no one else will, I keep my stuff in my own space and keep it organized i just don't know why she hates me...

waresbear 01-25-2012 09:38 PM

Because you dumped her as a trainer & got someone else. That insulted her and this is her retaliation. Suck it up buttercup.

DrumRunner 01-25-2012 09:44 PM

Best advice in a situation like this - Put on your big girl panties and suck it up...or move out.