The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horses traders who are liars! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horses-traders-who-liars-110826/)

Wyhorses 01-26-2012 11:13 AM

Horses traders who are liars!

:-x Seriously how mad am I!!! REALLY MAD!!!
I have been Taken by a TEXAS HORSE trader, who is holding me hostage by not returning our money after a "money back guaranty" to try his gelding out! My poor husband is trying to be calm with this horrible liar of a man!!!!!! I found the horse on Dreamhorse.com and offered to fly to texas... HE said "no money back if you don't like him".... Please help me!!! Pray this horrible man does the right thing. We are super nice people and are very hurt by this. I swear I am never going to want a horse again after dealing with such a LIAR!!

SunnyDraco 01-26-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyhorses (Post 1327197)
:-x Seriously how mad am I!!! REALLY MAD!!!
I have been Taken by a TEXAS HORSE trader, who is holding me hostage by not returning our money after a "money back guaranty" to try his gelding out! My poor husband is trying to be calm with this horrible liar of a man!!!!!! I found the horse on Dreamhorse.com and offered to fly to texas... HE said "no money back if you don't like him".... Please help me!!! Pray this horrible man does the right thing. We are super nice people and are very hurt by this. I swear I am never going to want a horse again after dealing with such a LIAR!!

If he said NO MONEY BACK, that is not a guarantee to get your money returned. Is there a way you could resell the horse for the same amount?

Wyhorses 01-26-2012 11:28 AM

we both work full time and have kids.:(
I just want this horrible man to pay... Is there any legal help? ......
Posted via Mobile Device

kevinshorses 01-26-2012 11:28 AM

What's wrong with the horse and why did you have to go all the way to Texas to find it? Where do you live?

Wyhorses 01-26-2012 11:35 AM

He had him shipped to us in AZ.. money back if we didn't like him. The horse is not a physical fit. We are paying for the transport... I was going to fly to Texas but Texas horse trader said "money back if you don't like him".... :(:'(
Posted via Mobile Device

gingerscout 01-26-2012 11:36 AM

do you have a signed contract stating money back if not satisfied.. if so yes you can have a case.. if not... word of mouth does not stand up in a legal court of law

WSArabians 01-26-2012 11:39 AM

Like Ginger says, if you have a contract, you're golden.
If not, you're silly and screwed.

ALWAYS have a coontract/bill of sale. ALWAYS.

WSArabians 01-26-2012 11:40 AM

Also, as a FYI, emails are legally binding in court. If you have an email where he stayed that, that would work as well.

feistymomma 01-26-2012 12:02 PM

I would never get mixed up with a deal like that. If I cannot physically see, touch, and ride the horse, I am not buying....no matter if there is a "guarantee" or not. I don't trust anyone, so hopefully you have a contract. If not...there is nothing you can do but try to sell the horse yourself.

FeatheredFeet 01-26-2012 12:15 PM

I'm confused. First you say he said, "No money back if you don't like him."
Then you say he said, "Money back if you don't like him." Which is it?

How do you know the man is a 'trader'? How long had he owned the horse? What breed is the horse? What is wrong with the horse exactly? Is it a health problem, training problem? How old is the horse? Did you have a PPE? What paperwork/emails passed between you?

Does this person sell a great many horses in the classifieds? Is so, then I suspect he is a dealer, if not a breeder of so many horses. If it is a case of false advertising, then I would contact Dreamhorse. Scoundrels abound in the horse industry, so it pays to do a great deal of checking, if one cannot see the horse in person.

Lizzie