The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini foal colour

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Meeshabix 
#1 ·
whats his colour ? will he grey out? Will his blue eyes change?
Mammal Vertebrate Horse Colt Foal

Mammal Nose Horse Snout Skin

DAM is grey ---- Granddam is grey grandsire is Appy
SIRE is black/white

See less See more
#3 ·
Most animals are born with uncoloured eyes. This means you can see the muscle underneath, which appears a blue-grey colour. They will pigment in the next few months.

I think this baby will grey, yes. He appears to be sporting a nice set of goggles - the white hairs around his eyes. These are a good indication of grey in a foal.

#6 ·
His eyes will turn dark brown. :) As for the grey, It's kind of hard to tell at this point. Besure to share pictures when he is going through his first shedding, but I do agree with the posters above he probably will be grey :)

#11 ·
The Dam is grey, along with the Granddam. So going by what I've been told about the grey gene. There's a chance he'll go grey.

#13 ·
correct me if im wrong but isn't he just a skewbald??? or do you mean he will go more grey because i cant see him going fully grey...he's clearly got coloured markings? x
Yes, techinically speaking he will be a skewbald no matter if he grays out or not. But I think the OP is talking about what his final colors will be.

#14 ·
Looks like a sorrel to me, but wait until he sheds out of his foal coat. You'll be able to tell by then if he may gray because he will have a spattering of white/grey hair mixed in with the red ones, especially look on his forhead and around his flanks. With each new coat, he will have more and more of these hairs until he starts to look grey himself. Too cute!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.