The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Riding Lessons (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/riding-lessons-111009/)

xXSerendipityXx 01-28-2012 05:45 AM

Riding Lessons

Just a few questions about riding lessons:
1) How old were you when you started?
2) How long have you been riding?
3) How long before your first show?
4) How long before you started leasing/owning?
Thanks for your time:-):D:lol::-P:-o:wink:

Minime 01-28-2012 05:56 AM

1) How old we're you when you first started? 14
2) How long have you been riding? Stopped after 5 yrs of lessons and have started back in September
3) How long before your first show? 1 year of riding once a week
4) How long before you start leasing/owning? Bought my first horse in sep when I started back but it was best thing I ever did :-)

BrinkofSunshine 01-28-2012 06:09 PM

1) How old were you when you started? 7.. but I stopped when I was 10. Started again when I was 21 :)
2) How long have you been riding? Since I started again- about a month!
3) How long before your first show? I never entered into a show, but I think I was able to probably a year after I first began.
4) How long before you started leasing/owning? I've never owned or leased :(

waresbear 01-28-2012 06:38 PM

1)Always rode, sister & brother are much older & had horses so I was on a horse from my earliest memories.
2)Actually riding by myself - 45 yrs.
3)I was 14 yrs old
4)My very own horse (not shared with siblings), I was 8 yrs old.

PaintLover17 01-28-2012 06:40 PM

1) How old were you when you started? 7
2) How long have you been riding? 11 years
3) How long before your first show? Haven't been yet but hopefully I will soon. I only rode for fun until recently. Still for fun but I actually ride a discipline now.
4) How long before you started leasing/owning? Leased after riding for 6 years, then owned 4 years after that.
Posted via Mobile Device

bsms 01-28-2012 07:07 PM

1) How old were you when you started? - 50

2) How long have you been riding? - 4+ years

3) How long before your first show? - Probably forever

4) How long before you started leasing/owning? - 0. My wife bought a couple of horses without telling me...

sierrams1123 01-28-2012 07:47 PM

--> never recieved any formal "lessons" but I have always been a horse junky so ever since I could just about walk I ate everything up horse. I have had the pleasure of getting to work under some amazing trainers that I would like to say have taught me a thing or to, I have also learned about 90% of what I know from just watching other horse people and reading up on just about everything horse. There is still alot I have to learn and alot of things I have yet to experience myself, but everyday is a new day and a new opportunity to learn something new :)

--> first ride was probably when I was about 5 yrs old, but I have been riding in my dreams since about birth :)

--> I went to my first ever show back in about 2003, I was 12 turning 13 that year.

--> I did not get my first horse until age 18 and he was a DREAM COME TRUE.
Toot N Toteum will run in my heart forever :)
Of course I claimed a lot of horses before then, always had a regular I was riding/showing, working at a barn for years helped round me into the rider I am today. I am so thankful though to finally have a forever horse, jumping from one horse to another gets old pretty quick.

kbjumper 01-28-2012 09:12 PM

1) How old were you when you started? I was 6 months hen i was put on a horse with my mom, then since i could walk i rode, bareback mostly :) thank god, now i have a good seat!

2) How long have you been riding? My whole life 14+ years

3) How long before your first show? A while actually, i just rode for fun and did some ultimate cowboy/girl stuff at my barn and on the trail with my sisters for as long as i can remember, for the past 5 years i have been doing a team penning/sorting/ranch hand compitetions in my community every month
and just last year i have been doing my first engish shows.

4) How long before you started leasing/owning? I have owned the same horse from birth, sadly she passed away in 2008 so i got an arab/appy applejack :) but my mom has loved him so much and made him her trail horse so now im getting another horse Jaz :)

jumanji321 01-29-2012 04:23 PM

8 years old

11 years

I started last year

I've had my horse for the past 7 and a half years but didn't actually ride her until she was three, so I've been riding her for 5 years.

juniormylove 01-30-2012 10:22 AM

I got riding lessons for my 9th birthday :)
Almost 9 years :o
Hasn't happened yet, though the BO is really pushing me to show this summer.
4) How long before you started leasing/owning
If there was any way that I could have afforded it, I probably would have started leasing a year or two ago.