The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Circle Y Park and Trail saddle model 3626 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/circle-y-park-trail-saddle-model-111072/)

HeatherinCali 01-28-2012 07:55 PM

Circle Y Park and Trail saddle model 3626

Is it just me, or does the Circle Y Park and Trail saddle model 3626 seem to be for sale a lot on ebay, horsesaddleshop.com and other classifieds?

I'm looking for a nice used trail saddle between $600 and $900 dollars and it seems like this model could be good. However, it makes me nervous seeing all the same type of saddle for sale.

I have checked Horse Tack Review.com - Reviews of horse tack and rider supplies! site and there aren't any postings regarding this model of Circle Y.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this saddle?

Thanks!

silverdollarmagic 01-28-2012 08:20 PM

Here's a review :)

Circle Y Park and Trail Trail Saddles Reviews @ Horse Tack Review

HeatherinCali 01-28-2012 08:46 PM

Thanks! I saw this review, but I didn't know if it was that model? It does sound like from the description.

:)

Saddlebag 01-28-2012 09:44 PM

Saddles originally had high cantles which supported the pelvis. So glad to see they are returning to that. Awesome for all day riding.

Saddlebag 02-06-2012 08:48 AM

Don't be afraid to get a Circle Y. The Park and Trails have always been dark colored saddles and if people get in to even lower level showing, they opt for the lighter colored saddles.

Taffy Clayton 02-06-2012 08:56 AM

I don't have that model, I have a 25 year old equitation CircleY, I bought new and I absolutly love it. Comfy, well made, sturdy and beautiful I couldn't ask for more.

HeatherinCali 02-06-2012 11:19 AM

Hey All,

So I did get a Circle Y and it should arrive today! It's a Chisholm Flex 2 trail saddle. It should arrive today!

Thanks again for all the advise!

churumbeque 02-06-2012 11:30 AM

I had one and it was a very nice saddle. Mine was new in 2010 mine was the flex 2 It didn't fit my horse though and I sold it.

yadlim 02-06-2012 03:36 PM

I have one - I was goign to sell it because my horse changed shape out from under it and now needs a different sized tree. As it has been the nicest saddle I have ever owned, my hubby vetoed my selling it. He says I will just have to buy the same saddle later. So into storage it went! It is a GREAT saddle.

HeatherinCali 02-07-2012 05:25 PM

I hear a lot about horses changing size and needing new saddles tree sizes. I'm assuming the horses were younger or less muscled and gain it back with riding and proper care? Or is it common for a horse to have several different saddle sizes once they reach adulthood?

My horse is an 8 year old appendix type quarter horse. I really hope this saddle has some longevity to it! I find it really stressful buying saddles. It's so much money!

It helps to hear it from the crowd that the saddle I chose is at least a good saddle!

Thanks you all again!