The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Dahlia, Before & After (Month 1 Update/Changes!) Comments please! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/dahlia-before-after-month-1-update-111113/)

nherridge 01-29-2012 01:43 AM

Dahlia, Before & After (Month 1 Update/Changes!) Comments please!

4 Attachment(s)
Okay, so as many of you know I rescued a horse 1/4/2012.
She is a 2 yr old (3 in March) Arabian Filly. These pictures are from her first day home:

nherridge 01-29-2012 01:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
And this is her today, not even 30 days later.
She is improving, however small.

How can we keep improving?
Feed suggestions?

waresbear 01-29-2012 01:49 AM

Looks good. Keep on doing what you are doing, and post again.

nherridge 01-29-2012 01:53 AM

I plan to at the end of each month :) I just couldn't wait for a whole month to go by though :P We switched barns today so it seemed like a good enough time. Although she did not do too well at all.

cowgirlup07 01-29-2012 04:25 AM

she's looking really good! I don't blame you for not wanting to wait a full month :-) what happened with the barn switch? Was she stressed or ?

RedTree 01-29-2012 06:32 AM

Wow she looks so much better already :D

Susan Crumrine 01-29-2012 06:48 AM

Looks much better and brighter. I am from New Bern...LOL

nherridge 01-29-2012 02:15 PM

The owners were afraid of her, and not watering and haying her on a regular basis.
That is why we moved. I need her to prosper. <3

@Susan, I know that is close, not sure how close though!

BarrelracingArabian 01-29-2012 02:33 PM

She is lookin good and much calmer!! I love how long her tail is hah our arabs except 2 that arent from this particular breeding line have fairly short tails lol. She is definitely going to be a beauty when she fills out :]

nherridge 01-29-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelracingArabian (Post 1331871)
She is lookin good and much calmer!! I love how long her tail is hah our arabs except 2 that arent from this particular breeding line have fairly short tails lol. She is definitely going to be a beauty when she fills out :]

After I catch her (which can be a chore, still) she is generally pretty calm as long as I don't tie her or anything, she hasn't learned that yet. And she loads in a 4 horse stock trailer really well, but we only had a small 2 horse available to use at the moment and after I tied her she lost her mind rearing kicking and going nuts, with me in there. It had a half escape door and I couldn't get out, she was trying to get on top of the manger and everything, and scraped her face up real good =/ poor baby.

Then she calmed down and I quietly got out and went to get in my car to follow her and she tried to lay down and choke herself... ugh. We eventually got there, unharmed except for the face wounds!

Any confo crit, anyone?