The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Favorite Breeders Websites (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/favorite-breeders-websites-111232/)

WyndellaRose 01-30-2012 01:54 PM

Favorite Breeders Websites

So...if any of you are like me (horse owner or not) you probably have a few favorite breeders websites listed on your favorites page...(or a whole folder of favorite pages..guilty!).

So...who are you "stalking" to see the new foals born this year?

I love Appaloosas and I discovered Sheldak Ranch when I was back in high school and have been stalking it ever since.

Also, I'm now in love with Palisades Appaloosas who are located in KY.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until at least March for both of these places...but I have several others on my list!

Faceman 01-30-2012 03:28 PM

Char-o-lot...:wink:

trainerunlimited 01-30-2012 03:57 PM

I like these:

Quarter Horses for Sale Texas Paint Horses Sale East Texas Palomino Buckskin Dun

SDP Buffalo Ranch - Where The Elite Are Found

www.coxxranch.com Performance Horse Training

GONZALEZ CUTTING HORSES - Services

STALLIONS

Home

Some of them are more for horses for sale, but figured I'd share them either way!!!!

SunnyDraco 01-30-2012 05:22 PM

Heritage Arabian Farm

They even do a live foaling stall web feed when they have a mare close to dropping the baby, they have the link on their facebook page. I have had riding lessons here, gone trail riding with the owner Val (who is retiring and selling the business to the trainers, if I heard correctly from my mom), awesome people and I love their facility :)
Posted via Mobile Device

nrhareiner 01-30-2012 07:43 PM

Nop can not say I can. I do not have favorites. It comes down to what stallion would cross best on my mares and what I feel will be the most marketable cross at the end of the day. Past that I could care less what their site is like or what foals they put on their page unless they are going to add good pictures of the mares. B/C with out that the pictures of the foals do me no good.

Crossover 01-30-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyndellaRose (Post 1332871)
Also, I'm now in love with Palisades Appaloosas who are located in KY.

Lisa is great and has wonderful horses at her place. I love going there and seeing all the babies. I've bred to all three of her stallions, bought two horses, a filly and colt, and am lucky she let me purchase her junior stallion Blue who will be arriving in March. I love that stallion.
I'm trying really hard to stay away from the foaling section this year or I'll probably end up buying another one in which case my DH will divorce me and move into an apartment for some peace and quiet.
She's very knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions you might have... and I usually have a lot. :D

WyndellaRose 01-31-2012 09:40 AM

Yeah, I e-mailed her with a question and she was great in getting back with me and she seemed very nice. When I can finally own a horse or two of my own, I'll probably get one from her!

Evansk 01-31-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1332992)
Char-o-lot...:wink:

Love CR - DZ WEEDO !! gorgeous horse!

HUNTING WITH AN ANGLE <--- ****! i'd love to own him! :D

Favourite is hard to choose! I love the ranch where I got my filly from.. became really good friends with the owner at Pitchfork Ranching Quarter Horses..

SO i'm not choosing.. there's soo many nice breeders out there with horses I'd die for !

but.. a top one would be Blazing Colours Farm <-- because I love Sato .. haha :)

WyndellaRose 01-31-2012 12:13 PM

I love Sato too!!!!! I was never really a Thoroughbred fan but with these colored ones coming out...

WyndellaRose 01-31-2012 12:16 PM

Oh...and their stallion Simba Twist makes me drool:)