The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   TWH Mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/twh-mare-111486/)

Brittanybrewski 02-01-2012 05:20 PM

TWH Mare

4 Attachment(s)
Commands Special Spirit.
This is my 14 yr old TWH mare.
She is 16hh.
She is still in the weight gaining process (I got her at a sale, she was skin and bones).
Let me know what you think! :)

DraftyAiresMum 02-01-2012 08:17 PM

Looks like she has a bit of a long back (and maybe a little swayback starting? Could just need weight and muscle in her topline, though). Her shoulder is pretty decent and she's got good bone in her legs. Looks like she's toes out a bit in the front, too. She's got a pretty face, but she looks like she's got a bit of an attitude. lol Can't wait to see her fleshed out. :-)

Brittanybrewski 02-01-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1337257)
Looks like she has a bit of a long back (and maybe a little swayback starting? Could just need weight and muscle in her topline, though). Her shoulder is pretty decent and she's got good bone in her legs. Looks like she's toes out a bit in the front, too. She's got a pretty face, but she looks like she's got a bit of an attitude. lol Can't wait to see her fleshed out. :-)

I think she may just need a bit more filling out on her back. We will see though. And yes she has one heck of an attitude LOL she definitely doesn't act 14 haha. Thanks for your help! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

NdAppy 02-02-2012 07:52 AM

She's long backed for sure. She needs to see a farrier.

How long have you had her?

Brittanybrewski 02-02-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NdAppy (Post 1338013)
She's long backed for sure. She needs to see a farrier.

How long have you had her?

I've had her 7or8 months. And the farrier was out here 3 weeks ago, Katie is due for another trimming :). Is it bad for her to be long backed?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brittanybrewski 02-02-2012 06:41 PM

is there anything else wrong with her?

Chiilaa 02-02-2012 09:20 PM

I would be looking for a new farrier then. It's not just that she needs a trim - the angles in her feet are really wrong looking.

NdAppy 02-02-2012 09:36 PM

What Chiilaa said. What are you feeding her? I would expect that she would have more eight on her if she was skin and bones, and the length of time you have had her.

Brittanybrewski 02-02-2012 10:50 PM

She had a problem over the summer. The vet said she was "sweating all her weight off" I put her on senior feed (very said to try it) that didn't help. So now I have her on a local dry feed. It's higher in protein and she has gained the weight fast with this feed. And the farrier said the odd angles are because of her previous owner. They showed her in those pads. She had an indention in her hooves from the strap they put around the gives to tighten...sorry I don't know what it's called.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brittanybrewski 02-02-2012 10:51 PM

Hooves * not gives.
Posted via Mobile Device