The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Finding registration?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/finding-registration-111672/)

poppy1356 02-03-2012 09:28 AM

Finding registration??

I recently got a rescue mare and she is supposed to be a registered Egyptian Arabian. We will not get papers due to her being seized from original owner. I am just curious as to how I can go about finding out if she is registered and looking her up as from what I can find it's not easy to be registered as an egyptian arab. Her registered name is supposedly LA Lizzy.

hillside farm 02-03-2012 10:00 AM

First off contact the Arabian Registry, give them the horse's name, if she is reg. under that name they will tell you.
If she is, then you have to contact the registered owner to have a signed transfer to get the horse registered into your name to get her reg. papers.
As far as Egyptian, from what I know of the breed that is the smaller, typier, the other is the Polish which is taller, one of my daughter's had both types, that is all I know, maybe some Arabian peope can explain it better.

poppy1356 02-03-2012 10:15 AM

Thank you, I will have to contact them to find out. I'm not concerned with actually getting her papers as I know that can't happen, I'm just curious about her pedigree. She is quite small at about 14.3 hh.

Speed Racer 02-03-2012 10:16 AM

You have that backwards, Hillside. The Polish breds tend to be smaller and have stockier builds. The SE (straight Egyptian) horses tend to be taller and look more delicate. There are exceptions, of course.

OP, contact the AHA (Arabian Horse Association) and see if it's possible for you to get a hardship transfer. Explain the situation.

In many cases the registered owner will not turn the papers over, especially if it's a seizure. You may be out of luck getting her transferred, if the AHA states you need the cooperation of the registered owner.

If you're not interested in getting the registration transferred, you can look her up on the AHA's Data Source. It's not free though, and you'd need her actual registered name.