The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   How about a Jumping Form Critique?(video) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/how-about-jumping-form-critique-video-111701/)

Royal Pine Buck 02-03-2012 01:35 PM

How about a Jumping Form Critique?(video)

ya... NOT ME.

not what you thought HUH!? ....it was kinda of awkward for me to watch personally...:lol: I probably would have left the arena if I saw that kind of thing.

Allison Finch 02-03-2012 02:20 PM

I am worried about the conformation here. Talk about being built downhill! Also, the person has a badly roached back and I think it would be hard to find a saddle that will be a good fit. That back looks a little weak and I suspect it would not support a rider's weight.

The person maintains a decent pace through the jumps, but I detected a slight lameness behind.

She also occasionally hangs her front elbows over the jump. While we see her freejumping here, I would not put her over any fixed XC type jumps. Her tendency to hang in front may cause a bad flip on an XC course.

She seems to have a great attitude over the jumps and may be suitable for low level hunters.

Sadly, due to her downhill conformation, I would not consider her a good broodmare prospect.

rosie1 02-03-2012 04:24 PM

Hahahaa that video was ridiculous, but I laughed way harder at your response Allison, good critique ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

wetrain17 02-03-2012 04:39 PM

Weird, but funny. That can't be an easy thing to do. I wonder how long she's been doing this. And I would have loved to have been there for the conversation that resulted in trying this.

paintsrule 02-03-2012 06:06 PM

o.O Thats really very disturbing. Im gonna have nightmares I think..

Skyseternalangel 02-03-2012 06:19 PM

LOL can you imagine seeing that in person? Freeeaaaaky!

She must be so sore though.. lol

mildot 02-03-2012 06:25 PM

Now that was weird

VanillaBean 02-03-2012 06:26 PM

Uhmm...I used to do that all the time...:oops:

No joke, really I did.

Skyseternalangel 02-03-2012 06:30 PM

My friend and I tried jumping a jump... she made it, I landed on my face.

Now I realize how silly we looked.

VanillaBean... lol

Royal Pine Buck 02-03-2012 08:07 PM

Don't worry VanillaBean we're not judging you. you probably could have gone GrandPrix! ;) as for The conversation that started this,it probably went something like "i'm gonna jump it! *jumps it regular two legged style" " HAHA EASY!...jump it like a horse...at a canter... on all fours..." the result : we just saw it . lol