The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Bareback, haha!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/bareback-haha-11178/)

mlkarel2010 07-08-2008 12:37 AM

Bareback, haha!!

Well, as some of you have noticed by my topic in the horse training section that I need to work w/ my 4-H horse and learn how to ride bareback in three weeks. So today it was cloudy and kinda lazy and I had barely anytime to ride, and i was lazy to be honest. I decided I didn't want to get my new saddle wet and i didn't want to put all that energy into lugging my saddle out of my house (it's in my basement right now) and into my car and then to the barn, ugh too much work.... so i grabbed my bareback pad.....

I decided it would be a good idea to lunge him first... which i'm glad he did... he had a lot of buck and attitude in him, but i broke the lunge whip :oops: i might need to tell some one about that

he did a lot better bareback then i thought he would, and so did I... i'm going to be riding bareback a lot more because it is easier and i really like it, and i think he likes it too.... the only down side is that my pants are now pink on the inside... grr dumb brand new red bareback pad.... hopefully it will wash out....

FledgeOfNarnia 07-08-2008 01:08 AM

WHOOP!! Bareback is fun. Glad you both had a good time.

PoptartShop 07-08-2008 01:14 PM

:D I lovee bareback, I'm glad you had fun! :)

appylover31803 07-08-2008 01:18 PM

YAY for riding bareback! Glad everything went well.

I'm not sure if the red dye will wash out of your pants... i wore my white breeches on my like year old red bareback pad and now my white full seat is pink :? I washed it and it barely came out.

But it could have been my stuff. I hope it comes out for you!

Abby 07-11-2008 06:35 PM

Welcome to the world of Bareback. :P

I always come home with a muddy butt.

Sweat + Dirt.

mlkarel2010 07-11-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby

Sweat + Dirt.

or in my case a pink butt!! l

light washed jeans + brandnew red bareback pad

horsejumper123 07-12-2008 12:07 AM

isnt it fun!
I have to groom my horse really well before i ride her bareback. which i think i will have to ride her more like that, she just doesnt listen in the saddle! but hasnt been ridden in much in two years. any way.
i dont use the saddle pad, i want to but i always fall of! lol she has really sharp turns.

kickshaw 07-13-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby

Sweat + Dirt.

they need a t-shirt for that... :)