The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Does my horse look okay for this saddle? I know stupid but another question inside. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/does-my-horse-look-okay-saddle-111782/)

Baylen Jaxs 02-04-2012 01:23 PM

Does my horse look okay for this saddle? I know stupid but another question inside.

4 Attachment(s)
Okay so, my mare has high withers and we've been trying to find a saddle that fit her and gave clearance for her withers. She's got some shoulders on her too. We traded our 1988 chevorlet Blazer for this saddle. Don't worry I tried it on before the trade so I know it fits. It's a Sante Fe saddle.

Thing is she's 14.2 hands and I am not the lightest rider(working on loosing weight). She is a stocky little thing and can carry when in shape maybe 220. But as of now she's been out to pasture for a while(waiting for the chiro to come out before riding) and that saddles weighs at least 25 pounds. So while riding. We'll be hitting he 205 mark or the 200 mark. Do you think she'll be able to carry me and the saddle okay? I tried it on her the other day an lunged her. She took it with ease trotted, loped, walked. But I still have yet to be on her till the chiro comes out.

As you can see she is a stocky built little horsie lol. If her neck was thicker and longer and her withes weren't so high she'd look pretty nice :D but I love her anyway.

So what do you guys think about it?

cowgirl928 02-04-2012 01:50 PM

she looks good! nice saddle too :) it looks to fit her well. As far as loosing weight hun, try the insanity program mixed with Jillian Michaels dvds. Also try to talk to a nutritionist, I did and I lost so far almost 27 lbs :)

Baylen Jaxs 02-04-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl928 (Post 1341496)
she looks good! nice saddle too :) it looks to fit her well. As far as loosing weight hun, try the insanity program mixed with Jillian Michaels dvds. Also try to talk to a nutritionist, I did and I lost so far almost 27 lbs :)

Lol thanks! I have heard of that! Pure exercise is all I am doing right now. But its not like "fun". Its rather boring and a pain to do lol. More salads, less junk food, more juice and waters, less sodas and energy drinks. And less coffee D: can't live with out coffee hahahah.

equiniphile 02-04-2012 03:24 PM

It looks like a good fit for her; she shouldn't have any problems carrying you.