The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   How much is this dressage saddle worth? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/how-much-dressage-saddle-worth-111806/)

amymarie57 02-04-2012 06:19 PM

How much is this dressage saddle worth?

7 Attachment(s)
I decided not to put this in the classifieds section yet because I have a few questions...

My Aunt has given me her Sellier V 17.5" Dressage saddle in hopes that it would fit the horse I'm currently leasing/will soon purchase! :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit because this saddle is meant for a horse with a higher or longer cutback withers (she used it on a TB). She gave me permission to sell this saddle and put the money towards one that will actually fit him :-)!! I am so grateful :shock:

She bought it new 1 year ago for $1,000; and used it throughout the year when she leased a horse herself.

The saddle is in great condition from my perspective! No stirrup leather rub marks or scrapes or anything like that. It's only flaw I see is a subtle white spot on the seat (it's visible in the picture of the saddle sitting on my horse).

I plan on selling this saddle as soon, for a reasonable price that would satisfy both me and the buyer. But I have no experience with selling saddles so would like your opinions on how much I should ask for it? Or how much I should expect someone to pay for it?

The saddle would include the EXTREMELY soft stirrup leathers, a dressage girth, and a massive saddle cover/zip bag.

I'm trying to sell this online because I ride at a small barn and I honestly won't be able to advertise it to right/potential buyers :cry:

I'm attaching some pics so please inform me if they aren't working, thanks!

amymarie57 02-04-2012 09:32 PM

Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

Allison Finch 02-04-2012 09:57 PM

The name Sellier is used by several companies. Do you have a photo of the name plate/button/engraved name? It looks like a very narrow saddle, but I may have horses it can be used on.

PintoTess 02-04-2012 10:06 PM

It looks to be in very good nick, never heard of the brand before though...

sporthorsegirl 02-05-2012 12:48 AM

I have never heard of the brand... But it is in very good condition for a used saddle :) If it was bought new for $1,000, I would probably ask $800 or best offer (obviously would need to be within reason).

amymarie57 02-05-2012 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the nameplate, I'm about to zip out the door for work though, so I won't be able to reply until 1:00 eastern :(

amymarie57 02-05-2012 08:11 PM

I've never heard of the brand before either, I think my Aunt said it's Spanish? I googled the name and found that a couple brands have a saddle model they call the sellier but this one is actually a brand itself. I tried going to the website to snoop around but it's under construction :(