The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Lily's Movement/General (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/lilys-movement-general-111845/)

Phantomcolt18 02-04-2012 10:27 PM

Lily's Movement/General

What do you think of Lily's movement? Or just Lily in general.
Sorry about a few of the bucks thrown in she was definately a bit full of herself that day. I also included a few pictures of her in motion(from early December)(video from this passed week)

She's only 2 and a half and I know she is a tad butt high at the moment(not too bad I measured her at 14.2 at the withers and 14.3 at her butt. The string test said she'll mature around 15 hands so she seems right on schedule.

As far as I know/think she's QH though there are times when I see arabian in her but that might just be me. Any ideas? She's got a dainty little head, pony halter :-P but I think it's pretty nontheless.

There's also a side shot frozen from the video in the video if you can tell anything from that.

Also sorry about the song...kind of on a "Chicago" kick :lol:

Phantomcolt18 02-04-2012 10:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
OK pcs didn't show up in the first post haha

correction pics are from early december not january.

DraftyAiresMum 02-05-2012 01:13 AM

First off...LOVE that song! lol

Second, I think Lily is a pretty cute little mover. She's got a cute, quick little trot (although it looks kinda bouncy) and her canter looks good. Love the flying lead change at the end as she cuts around the round pen. lol Athletic little thing!

Love her head. She reminds me a lot in build (and the way she holds her head/neck out and kinda up when she trots/canters) of the little coming 3yo QH gelding one of the boarders at our barn has. Except Bo is extremely fat (actually, if he was human, he would probably be termed at best obese, probably more like morbidly obese).

tempest 02-05-2012 01:25 AM

The song suits her very well in that video. Such a pretty girl.

tinyliny 02-05-2012 02:18 AM

Another nice lil video.

She is cute and seems to carry herself with confidence and pep.

Phantomcolt18 02-05-2012 11:33 AM

Thank you. I thought the song suited her fairly well....she's a little girl with a whole mess of attitude haha.

I'm fairly sure the reason she carries herself with confidence is because she believes she is queen lol. If you want to get technical she is because the dominant horse in the herd(my boy TC) claimed her as his girlfriend and he treats her like she's some precious gem that he can't let out of his sight.

Here's a vid I threw together of more clips from that day. You can see she was having an "attitude" day. I called it playtime haha. And she was running of her own accord I didn't make her.

Anything on her build? I know she's still growing but she's filled out considerably since I got her.