The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Sport Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/sport-horses/)
-   -   It will not be long now~ L.A. Baltic Sun x Rose of Sweden daughter... (http://www.horseforum.com/sport-horses/will-not-long-now%7E-l-baltic-111920/)

HGEsquire 02-05-2012 03:15 PM

It will not be long now~ L.A. Baltic Sun x Rose of Sweden daughter...

So we have been waiting for this for a period that seems almost like forever! Our Swedish Warmblood Dressage mare L.A. Baltic Sunflower who is sired by the very well known deceased stalliom. L.A. Baltic Sun and out of Gail Hoff-Carmona's prized imported Premium Swedish mare, Rose of Sweden will deliver her HG Esquire+ foal.

Prior to acquiring Flower as she is affectionately called here I did a lot of research on her and her pedigree. As a breeder it is very important to know as much as possible about each individual you are using in your program. I thought that I had uncovered all the information that I needed to make a well informed decision about including Flower in our broodmare band. Then after making an announcement here on ABN I learned even more incredibly awesome news about this family.

Not only are all of Flower's full siblings FEI level Jumpers and/or Dressage horses, her mother Rose of Sweden received her "Premium Elite" status with the Swedish Warmblood Registry in Sweden in 2001 based on her outstanding records as a broodmare.

From the Los Almos Dressage website:

For a mare to be granted Premium Elite status, she must have borne a minimum of six foals and the combined score for the mare and her offspring must be at least 26 points (at least two of the mare's offspring must reach the four-point level and a third must reach the five-point level or higher.)
(Four points are awarded to Approved stallions, Diploma mares, Driving horses placing in international competition or USDF All-Breed Award First or Second Level Dressage Horses (or equivalent jumpers or event horses). Five points or more points are awarded to Premium A or Elite mares or stallions as well as performance horses winning and placing at higher levels of dressage, jumping, or eventing.)
http://www.losalamosdressage.com/IMA...eOfSweden1.jpg
L.A. Rose Of Sweden was purchased by Los Alamos Dressage Center and imported to the USA in 1984.

In 1991 the SWB commission evaluated L.A. Rose Of Sweden along with 3 of her offspring and admitted into the studbook. At that time she had grown to 165cm and received the following scores:
Type: 8
Head, Neck, Body: 8
Legs, movements: 7
Walk: 9
Trot: 7
Total: 39 points (Class 1 Mare, Premium B in SWB Studbook)

By 1995 L.A. Rose Of Sweden had produced 5 living foals, 2 of which were approved and licensed stallions by L.A. Baltic Sun (Pontus x Nirvana by Cyrano). And between them, they had accumulated sufficient points to have their dam receive “Premium A” status in the SWB Stud Book.

Then, in 2001 L.A. Rose of Sweden earned her Elite Status in the SWB Stud Book. She and L.A. Utrilla are now 2 of the only 3 living “elite” SWB broodmares in North America!

And in 1988 Rose of Sweden produced BALTIC MARINER by Serr Maariner ox (Ibn Fa Serr X Bint Maarena), a half Arabian gelding who I understand is the winningest Half-Arabian Dressage horse to date.

Being slightly excited would be a slight understatement. Stay tuned for Woodie photos of this to be exceptional Sport Horse foal as soon as he or she arrives. Now to think of 'E' names! And it has to be very very SPECIAL!

A photo of Flower from over the Summer below:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...21535318_n.jpg
Denise Gainey

Druydess 02-06-2012 11:04 PM

What a stunner Denise. Can't wait to see this foal. Once again, you have chosen a winning combo!
Since she's from Sweden, what about Esquire's E-den??
Good luck on a quick, easy birth and a fabulous foal..

HGEsquire 02-08-2012 03:18 PM

Thanks Dru - am still learning even more about the mare's breeding and her immediate family that causes me to be even more excited daily ~ if that is even possible :)

Thanks again,

Denise Gainey

danastark 02-11-2012 05:27 PM

She's gorgeous. Names..... Baltic Expedition, Baltic Equinox, Baltic Escape, Sun Eclipse

HGEsquire 02-20-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danastark (Post 1353913)
She's gorgeous. Names..... Baltic Expedition, Baltic Equinox, Baltic Escape, Sun Eclipse

Great name suggestions! Anymore ???? Trying to incorporate the 'E' for Esquire of course plus the Baltic - and if a filly would be great to somehow utilize the mares name Flower??? I know, not asking for much at all :lol:

Denise Gainey

Druydess 02-20-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGEsquire (Post 1370284)
Great name suggestions! Anymore ???? Trying to incorporate the 'E' for Esquire of course plus the Baltic - and if a filly would be great to somehow utilize the mares name Flower??? I know, not asking for much at all :lol:

Denise Gainey

E-Ffleur??
E Fleure-de-lis? (lily)

HGEsquire 02-20-2012 10:00 PM

I like I like :-) E-Specially since my grandfather was from LA :) Keep them coming :D

Denise Gainey

MidniteVikhtory 02-22-2012 03:50 AM

I imagine that will be one heck of a sport horse! You must be over the moon and dying of anticipation.

HGEsquire 02-22-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidniteVikhtory (Post 1372856)
I imagine that will be one heck of a sport horse! You must be over the moon and dying of anticipation.

I totally am! This is going to be a very LONG LONG 5 weeks I tell you!

Denise Gainey

HGEsquire 03-04-2012 01:46 PM

Here are a few others graciously suggested by Dru :)

These are some pretty cool suggestions too! Will have to share some of the others a bit later on today after I locate them http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...ilies/wink.gif Please feel free to share yours ~ Remember keeping the 'E' theme definately for a filly and would love to incorporate the 'Baltic' theme together if possible???

Edelweiss Evanesence
Everlasting Edelwiess
Eden's Etheria
Eliza
Egalantine
Eternal Alyssum (Allissa)
Evocative Allyssum

Denise Gainey