The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   So why do top dressage rider wear boots...? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/so-why-do-top-dressage-rider-111953/)

iloverains 02-05-2012 07:42 PM

So why do top dressage rider wear boots...?

I've watched a few live top dressage routines and have always thought "why do they put there boots on after their routine"

I haven't seen them before hand, so don't know if they warm up in them as well, But yeah, just for presentation they all put the white polo wraps and bell boots on, it seems pointless and bad for the horses, hot after working then sealing the heat around their tendons to make it even hotter!

kitten_Val 02-05-2012 08:49 PM

Well... I'm not a top dressage rider, but I put splint (or brush) boots on my horses (and my qh has bell boots 24/7). The reason for that it protects the leg when you work on lateral movements.

iloverains 02-05-2012 08:52 PM

Yes, and I understand that, but in the routine, they never interfere with themselves, and boots aren't allowed in comp. so, the main thing I'm asking is if anyone knew why they put them on after performing, when they only walk trot canter around the arena to show off their ribbons!

kitten_Val 02-05-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloverains (Post 1343540)
Yes, and I understand that, but in the routine, they never interfere with themselves, and boots aren't allowed in comp. so, the main thing I'm asking is if anyone knew why they put them on after performing, when they only walk trot canter around the arena to show off their ribbons!

Oh, I see what you are saying. Then my answer is I don't know. :) I may ask my trainer, but I'm not sure if I forget or not.

iloverains 02-05-2012 08:59 PM

haahaha (: not a problem, thank you!