The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Missouri Fox Trotter trying to find his past (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/missouri-fox-trotter-trying-find-his-112037/)

howdyme 02-06-2012 02:28 PM

Missouri Fox Trotter trying to find his past

I am trying to find out about my 16 year old, 13.3 hand MFT gelding, named "Patches". I was told he was registered, but that his papers were lost a long, long time ago. I purchased him in October 2011 from a woman in Maryland. She had him only a year and would not give me the name of the previous owner. I understand that he was a kids horse all of his life having been to camps, etc. and he even drives or so I have been told. I would like to find out his past. I love him dearly, and feel he has had a lot of training. Patches has his forever home with me, a 62 year old retiree that devotes all her time and energy to 6 minis and now my MFT pony. I called the MFT Registry, but they could not help me as I do not know his full registered name, nor his sir and dam. Any help on finding out who owned him would be greatly appreciated. :D

howdyme 02-06-2012 02:48 PM

MFT trying to find his past

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Patches is a black Sabino, very flashy pony. Thank you.

Tonipony 02-06-2012 08:38 PM

Without any information it will be hard to find out anything on him. He is very cute, I have 3 MFT ponies.

howdyme 02-06-2012 08:43 PM

Thank you....I would love to know more, but maybe I never will...I would love to talk with other MFT owners! I feel so alone here as nobody I know has a gaited pony...I love my little man. :)

sommsama09 02-06-2012 09:10 PM

Maybe ring the previous owner and ask for his registered name? That will give you alot to work with!

sommsama09 02-06-2012 09:10 PM

If she doesnt know it she can ring the owner before her - seeing as she wont give you the details of the owner before herself

howdyme 02-06-2012 09:31 PM

Thank you all so much. I sent her an e-mail this evening asking her for the previous owner's name, she told me at the time she did not know the owners name, nor the registered name of the horse. But I am trying again! If I had a horse that I sold, I would be happy to share any information on the horse with the new owner as I feel that would be helpful to the new owner, but more importantly to the horse. Why don't people understand this...what is the secret. Thank you all!
Susan Carpenter

sommsama09 02-06-2012 10:41 PM

Same here, id probs bore the new owner with all the info i knew lol :) Im fully on your "side" :)

Tonipony 02-07-2012 12:23 PM

If you can get a registered name on him, I can look up his information. Good Luck!!

howdyme 02-07-2012 01:07 PM

Thank you so much! I sent an e-mail to the woman I got him from yesterday and am hoping that she can give me the registered name of him or his previous owners...thank you again.
Susan