The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   New pics of my filly (: (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/new-pics-my-filly-112052/)

kaylaturner 02-06-2012 04:49 PM

New pics of my filly (:

4 Attachment(s)
Lets try this again...
here are new pics of my filly.
tell me what you think! (:
and remember...this is for conformation...not health!!
(if your not going to help then dont post please)

lilruffian 02-06-2012 05:28 PM

Her shoulder is upright, that's the first thing i notice.
She stands a little under herself, but not extremely.
Bum high & neck needs muscle, but that should come with age.
Back legs dont look too bad & i think that you should have a nice, sturdy mare when she's grown ;)

kaylaturner 02-06-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilruffian (Post 1344846)
Her shoulder is upright, that's the first thing i notice.
She stands a little under herself, but not extremely.
Bum high & neck needs muscle, but that should come with age.
Back legs dont look too bad & i think that you should have a nice, sturdy mare when she's grown ;)

ive noticed she stands a little under herself..it didnt look that bad in person but it looks worse in pictures.

she will be 2 in april (:

DrumRunner 02-06-2012 05:49 PM

She's a very awkward looking 2 year old. Very big head, hopefully she'll grow into it. She's standing under herself but this could also be from being sore. Her feet need to be done, yesterday. That is probably why she's sore and standing under herself. She's pretty butt high and her should is wonky..Weak neck..It's hard to give you an accurate conformation critique on a horse so young. Their bodies change drastically when growing and she won't be fully grown until 6 or so...She's also pretty small for a 2 year old..BUT we've already discussed that...

You would also greatly benefit from posting a thread in the Health section. This little filly has problems that needs to be addressed and you be responsible for.

kaylaturner 02-06-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumRunner (Post 1344880)
She's a very awkward looking 2 year old. Very big head, hopefully she'll grow into it. She's standing under herself but this could also be from being sore. Her feet need to be done, yesterday. That is probably why she's sore and standing under herself. She's pretty butt high and her should is wonky..Weak neck..It's hard to give you an accurate conformation critique on a horse so young. Their bodies change drastically when growing and she won't be fully grown until 6 or so...She's also pretty small for a 2 year old..BUT we've already discussed that...

You would also greatly benefit from posting a thread in the Health section. This little filly has problems that needs to be addressed and you be responsible for.

its very hard to tell anything about her right now.i really hope she grows into her head too lol,its pretty big. her feet will be done monday or tuesday. i will post more pictures of her once she looses all of her winter fur.

DrumRunner 02-06-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylaturner (Post 1344900)
its very hard to tell anything about her right now.i really hope she grows into her head too lol,its pretty big. her feet will be done monday or tuesday. i will post more pictures of her once she looses all of her winter fur.

Good. The ferriar coming out and trimming her is going to make a world of difference for her...A good high fat food and a better diet will help with her coat too. Especially her over all well being..

kaylaturner 02-06-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumRunner (Post 1344905)
Good. The ferriar coming out and trimming her is going to make a world of difference for her...A good high fat food and a better diet will help with her coat too. Especially her over all well being..

i plan on switching her feed to either the purina 400 or the eguine junior,im not really sure what would be best tho

DrumRunner 02-06-2012 06:11 PM

Please remember here that I'm trying to help you. Okay?

What kind of hay is she getting right now? Curious about what quality..I'm guessing she hasn't seen a vet either? You would be very wise to get a vet out to check up on her and give her the vaccines she needs..I would ask the vet when s/he comes out what they think would be best for her. It wouldn't hurt to add a free choice mineral block to their turn out. Hay and feed won't cover all of the nutrients a growing filly needs. You'll have to cover all of the bases to ensure she has the best to help her develop to her best. When was she wormed last? and with what?

The Purina Omolene 400 is pretty good.. I feed the Omolene 200 and Nutrena SafeChoice to my barrel horses. The Safe Choice and Omolene 400 would probably be a very good mix for your filly. I'd definitely wean her onto it though, you don't want her to colic.

kaylaturner 02-06-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumRunner (Post 1344916)
Please remember here that I'm trying to help you. Okay?

What kind of hay is she getting right now? Curious about what quality..I'm guessing she hasn't seen a vet either? You would be very wise to get a vet out to check up on her and give her the vaccines she needs..I would ask the vet when s/he comes out what they think would be best for her. It wouldn't hurt to add a free choice mineral block to their turn out. Hay and feed won't cover all of the nutrients a growing filly needs. You'll have to cover all of the bases to ensure she has the best to help her develop to her best. When was she wormed last? and with what?

The Purina Omolene 400 is pretty good.. I feed the Omolene 200 and Nutrena SafeChoice to my barrel horses. The Safe Choice and Omolene 400 would probably be a very good mix for your filly. I'd definitely wean her onto it though, you don't want her to colic.

i think they are gettin fescue hay now. they have a mineral block in their pasture also. she was wormed at the beginning of december i think and i dont remember what kind i got.

i fed the 200 to my first mare then switched to the feed i have now.
i looked at the 400 and it recomends to feed that till their 2 so would it be okay to feed her that longer than 2 yrs of age?

jbolt 02-06-2012 06:37 PM

her belly looks too.....idk my gassy, haybelly, she looks rather uncomfortable. The angles of her feet are such that she is looking sickle hocked. I dont think she is though. i know it is expensive, but it will even out in the end.......Your farrier is not going to make the greatest shape, becacse she is short even though she needs to be angled, not much toe to shape.....get him out every 3 weeks for 3 months ( ='s aroung $120 total) and she, with good supportive nutrition ( I HIGHLY suggest platinum performance supplement) should have a GREAT set of legs. maybe a little long in the back, i would also, after her farrier visit, work on good roundpen stuff to teach her to be supple and responsive on the ground. I see her being a very sturdy little pony. I would not suggest riding her for at least another year.