The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   ThinLine Saddle Pads (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/thinline-saddle-pads-112062/)

timingline 02-06-2012 04:48 PM

ThinLine Saddle Pads

LOVE them, like actually love them. My saddle doesn't fit perfectly (surprise surprise) so I did my best to find the closest fitting saddle in my price range, but of course, there were still gonna be some glitches.

So I found ThinLine. I got the western ThinLine saddle pad, and it changed everything! She stopped pinning her ears when I saddle her up, started moving more loosely, just happier. It compensated for the little glitches from the saddle.

Two thumbs up!

kitten_Val 02-07-2012 07:29 AM

Yep, I have english one and it does make a difference.

MIEventer 02-07-2012 10:51 AM

I love my Comfort Sheepskin Thinline Half Pad - it is an amazing pad :)

MyBoyPuck 02-07-2012 11:23 PM

I have three and love them all!

Joe4d 02-08-2012 01:28 AM

wish they made one to fit my saddle.

EnzoEventer 02-08-2012 12:34 PM

They. Are. AWESOME. :]

Casey02 02-11-2012 07:31 PM

Omg that is good to hear, i have looked at there western pads and have really really thought about getting one, after i get my new saddle. This is great to hear positive feed back about them!

Jumper12 02-11-2012 07:42 PM

timingline-in what way did your saddle not fit that this pad helped? just wondering as I am looking into one of these and my saddle is a close fit too but not perfect!

farmpony84 02-11-2012 08:10 PM

I have the half pad for my english saddle because the wide gullet is not wide enough by the extra wide is a teensy bit too wide...

I didn't know they made a western one. What's it do?

timingline 02-11-2012 10:31 PM

It's made of an extreme shock-absorbing material, so any movement from you or your saddle is being absorbed by the saddle pad instead of your horse's back.

Jumper12 - My saddle was a little too wide for her, and she's still growing - so I got their saddle pad that comes with inserts. Last year I used the inserts to complete the fit, then took them out this year because she grew into her saddle. I wouldn't recommend using this pad if your saddle is too tight, there's not really a fix for any saddle that's too tight. It's kindof like wearing a shoe that's too tight, wearing a different sock isn't going to help, it will probably just make it worst if that makes sense?