The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Horse quotes needed! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/horse-quotes-needed-112099/)

SarahAnn 02-06-2012 09:38 PM

Horse quotes needed!

I am taking the plunge and getting a tattoo. I want hoof prints going across my foot (real hoof prints, not just horse shoes) and I need a really good quote to go with it. I have thought of a few, but I want some suggestions! What are your favorites? What quote do you think would go well with hoof prints?

Evansk 02-06-2012 10:17 PM

Horses leave hoof prints on your heart ?? LOL Thats what first came to mind..

flytobecat 02-06-2012 10:54 PM

"Passion on hooves"

rob 02-07-2012 01:07 AM

stand on your own feet,you've got 4 of them.haha

Ink 02-07-2012 01:21 AM

" My treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night " - Arabian proverb.

" No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. " - Winston Churchill

" In riding a horse we borrow freedom " - Helen Thomson
Posted via Mobile Device

SarahAnn 02-07-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink (Post 1345949)
" My treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night " - Arabian proverb.
[/i][/size]

LOVE THIS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink (Post 1345949)
" In riding a horse we borrow freedom " - Helen Thomson
Posted via Mobile Device

I really love this one too. I already had this one written down!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I have a whole list now, and I have to go through and make a decision. I am a tattoo virgin... Kinda nervous about it!!

Snizard93 02-07-2012 08:58 PM

I don't really have any ideas, but I deffo think you should post a picture when it's done :lol:

SarahAnn 02-08-2012 10:37 PM

Okay, so here is my list of quotes. Please be honest about what you think, if they're appropriate for a horse tat, etc...

"Life is a journey, enjoy the ride"

"One joy scatters a hundred griefs"

"When a horse greets you with a nicker and regards you with a large liquid eye, the question of where you want to be has been answered."

"Let a horse whisper in your ear and breathe on your heart"

"there is no secret so close as that between a rider and her horse."

"I ride, therefor I am"

"in riding a horse we borrow freedom"

"what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

"My treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

PonyGuru 02-08-2012 10:40 PM

I have annother to add "whoever said money couldn't buy happiness,sidn't know where to buy a horse"

tbstorm 02-09-2012 12:17 AM

"Life is a journey, enjoy the ride" or...
"My treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

^^ my vote :) i love both... The first one doesn't totally have to be about horses, it can mean a lot more!