The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   shock absorbing jumping pad? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/shock-absorbing-jumping-pad-112112/)

kbjumper 02-06-2012 11:58 PM

shock absorbing jumping pad?

Im considering buying a shock absorbing pad to furfill my new jumping career for the horses I ride currently and for my (hopfully) new jumping horse. In your opinion, what is the best. Thinline? Supracor? other? Thanks :D

franknbeans 02-07-2012 12:14 AM

Had a Supracor-LOVED it. Just sold it last week. Sorry!

kbjumper 02-07-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 1345674)
Had a Supracor-LOVED it. Just sold it last week. Sorry!

Its okay!, thanks for the reply!

kitten_Val 02-07-2012 08:27 AM

Thinline all the way! I have contour (standard, not ultra) for several years already, and I can tell the landing feels different with and without one (for the horse too). One of the few "gimmicks" in my tack box I never regretted I spend all those money on. :)

MIEventer 02-07-2012 11:52 AM

Thinline 100%! It is an awesome pad, and I do not regret purchasing the pad I have. It definitely does the job it was created to do, 2 thumbs up!

MyBoyPuck 02-08-2012 12:24 AM

Thinline

EnzoEventer 02-08-2012 01:35 PM

Ditto on the ThinLine! I had their sheepskin halfpad - it was AMAZING. Sadly had to sell it because it was too bulky for my saddles 'perfect fit' so now i have the contour pad - amazing too! :] They really work

Rachel1786 02-08-2012 08:25 PM

I got the thinline ultra comfort sheepskin half pad from someone on here and I love it. I don't jump but just trotting around I can feel the difference. I got it for a great price(which was still a lot to me) and it was worth every penny for sure!

RoosHuman 02-08-2012 10:18 PM

Just curious... what is the difference that you feel? Less movement? I have been interested in buying my mare something. When I bought my wintec, the lady at the shop advised not to get any additional padding... but I am still interested! It seems like gel or something thin wouldn't reduce air flow, right?

MyBoyPuck 02-08-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosHuman (Post 1349420)
Just curious... what is the difference that you feel? Less movement? I have been interested in buying my mare something. When I bought my wintec, the lady at the shop advised not to get any additional padding... but I am still interested! It seems like gel or something thin wouldn't reduce air flow, right?

You just stay more in contact with the saddle since the pad absorbs a lot of shock. If you put a thinline pad on the ground and drop a golf ball on it, it doesn't bounce. It just keeps things more quiet overall.