The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   So SORE!! (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/so-sore-112126/)

xXSerendipityXx 02-07-2012 01:35 AM

So SORE!!

OhMyGoodness!! Today in my lesson my instructor had me jump without stirrups. Luckily, I didnt fall off or anything, but now my legs are KILLING me! I was definently holding on for dear life, LOL. Usually, when I get sore, its the day AFTER riding, but I felt this coming on as soon as I got off. Anyways, what are some tips on what I should do to relieve my pain? Already taken some ibuprofin &such. So like stretches, heat pads, ect. Oh, also Im running the mile at school on Thursday, so I kinda need to get better-ish sooner rather than later. Thanks:D

waresbear 02-07-2012 01:59 AM

Hard to describe the stretches I do when I fatigue leg muscles, maybe google it. I have a hot tub, I go for a soak 15 minutes soak max, helps a lot. Right now I have slightly pulled a hamstring from kickboxing, so I feel your pain.

xXSerendipityXx 02-07-2012 02:10 AM

Oooooooooh, a nice hot bath sounds nice right now(:
Id like to try kickboxing sometime, it looks awesome.

waresbear 02-07-2012 02:12 AM

It is awesome, just don't overdo the swing kicks, lol!

ChingazMyBoy 02-07-2012 11:09 PM

Just remember - this is good pain. It means that your muscles have been worked and becoming stronger. The more you ride, the less the pain. Although, saying this - my coach worked me that hard the other day that even after several years of riding basically daily. Everything burned.

On the other note - I really have no suggestions, I tend to hit up a hot bath and try to go to bed early. Purely because the pain makes me struggle to go to sleep! More sleep = less pain. (:

PaintedFury 02-09-2012 01:02 AM

You can take a hot back with either epsom salt, or the green alcohol in the water. As for stretching, the same stretches that you use in track at school should help some. It would also be beneficial if you stretch before you ride in the future.

xXSerendipityXx 02-10-2012 03:16 AM

Thanks everyone!! I stretched alot, &took a super hot bath - I actually still feel a little sore, but Ive been coming down with something for the past few days, so I ended up not going to school &running anyways(:
@PaintedFury - stretching before I ride sounds like a good idea, Ill try it tomorrow(;

sierrams1123 02-10-2012 04:23 AM

Soak in warm water and Epsom salt, heating pads are also my dear friends :)