The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Stingray Seat (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/stingray-seat-112251/)

sierrams1123 02-08-2012 03:33 AM

Stingray Seat

I am thinking about ordering a new saddle here soon and was considering getting a stingray seat.

Has anyone ridden in one?
Are they slick?

Saddlebag 02-08-2012 10:11 AM

Perhaps check to see if the seat is really stingray or cowhide stamped to look like stingray. There's no info available about tanning stingray or how it would stand up to the friction of a rider, or anything else. I suspect it is cowhide stamped/embossed. Do you have a link to that particular saddle?

beau159 02-08-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierrams1123 (Post 1347969)
I am thinking about ordering a new saddle here soon and was considering getting a stingray seat.

Has anyone ridden in one?
Are they slick?

I have the exact same question!

I'd like to hear an answer as well. They sure are flashy though.

1RedHorse 02-08-2012 11:43 AM

If you have rough out jockeys and a bicycle seat ....no. Beware tho if you have alot of embellished jeans you'll slide around like a greased monkey. Stingray is also hard on jeans if you have the full seat.

I opted for alligator on my custom I'm having built.
Posted via Mobile Device

sierrams1123 02-08-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1348137)
Perhaps check to see if the seat is really stingray or cowhide stamped to look like stingray. There's no info available about tanning stingray or how it would stand up to the friction of a rider, or anything else. I suspect it is cowhide stamped/embossed. Do you have a link to that particular saddle?

Its really stingray, not cowhide stamped. I have a custom tack set that has a black stingray inlay so I am kinda into the stingray right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1RedHorse (Post 1348248)
If you have rough out jockeys and a bicycle seat ....no. Beware tho if you have alot of embellished jeans you'll slide around like a greased monkey. Stingray is also hard on jeans if you have the full seat.

I opted for alligator on my custom I'm having built.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh okay thanks. I do not wear the shiny pants, I do not like they way they feel when I ride and I can not bring myself to spend that much money on a pair of jeans my fluffy tail would grow out of of mess up after the 2nd time I wore them, they are beautiful though.

I also do not have a link, I will be ordering it from KO trading . I am going to have to call and ask them if it is a full seat or bicycle seat.