The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   NH Training Opportunity in Southern Colorado (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/nh-training-opportunity-southern-colorado-112529/)

APHAforlife 02-10-2012 12:02 PM

NH Training Opportunity in Southern Colorado

Please visit this link to an ad I have on CL for more information about my training, a few pictures etc.

Southern Colorado Natural Horsemanship

Now here is what I am offering...I am entered to do a 3 day colt training/clinical competition here in April and I would like to get some extra time in on some colts just to figure out my time management skills and aspects that I really want to focus on in the actual event.

We will be provided with a group of 10-12 halter broke youngins (all within the same age range, 3-5 I believe and experience level) to choose from, we each are allowed to pick one and that is our colt for the entire event. The only work they will have done is haltering and loading. It is a bit like the Extreme Mustang Makeover but smaller scale and there will be 3 of us training, with 3 days and a lot to get done :)

Now, as I said I am looking to work with some colts/young horses in the mean time just to figure out where I want to be when it comes around. So if you are in the Southern Colorado area, and have a young horse (please between 3-5 years and no experience other than halter/leading) feel free to get in touch with me and we can get him/her started.

I am looking at doing a 3-7 day session per horse, which gives me a bit more time than the competition will but it will also give me an idea on what I should focus on, give more time to etc. I am NOT going to charge for this, as I am preparing for the event in April and would just like to get a little practice in. Seeing as I am not charging for training, all I ask is that you provide hay/feed for your horse as well as your and their own transportation. I have started and finished more youngins than I can count but it has been about a year since I've taken anything on due to focusing on Veterinary schooling.

I only use Natural Horsemanship methods as stated in my training advertisement online. If this is something that you would be interested in, or if you have questions please give me a call at (719)-947-5777 or shoot me an e-mail ASAP at pintocowgirl@gmail.com as I do not come on here very often.

APHAforlife 02-10-2012 12:09 PM

I also want to mention, that I will only be accepting one colt at a time. This is just to ensure that adequate time is spent with each in the allotted period given, so if you are truly interested get in touch ASAP as I am going to write up a waiting list for anyone who wants to work with me up until the beginning of April. Thanks and God Bless.

APHAforlife 02-11-2012 10:38 AM

I figure since this is posted, I might as well keep up with it. I will check back occasionally, if you have any questions and or comments/suggestions please feel free to share them here as well. I appreciate it, thanks and God Bless.

PaintedFury 02-11-2012 11:08 AM

Good luck with your competition. I hope you get plenty of youngins to practice on. Regretfully, I don't have any 3-5 y/os, but even if I did, I think from South Arkansas to Southern Colorado would be a bit far for me to drive for 3-7 days, but I wish I could help you out. As I said before, I wish you the best of luck.