The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Meet Miss Bacardi (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/meet-miss-bacardi-112636/)

Joe4d 02-11-2012 12:01 PM

Meet Miss Bacardi

3 Attachment(s)
Lady near me had a couple horses she really had no business owning. A 3yo stallion that had never been handled, and a new baby. My GF took the stallion, fought with him, fixed him trained him and now rides him, named "Whiskey" as he would drive you to drinking,,, lady wouldnt give up the baby. well fast forward a year and said baby is now an unhandled 18 month old. Had the original halter still on her growing into her face. The day the GF brought her home she spooked and ran through cheap fence, we spent 3 days looking for her and I brought her to my house and put her in round pen, then pastured with my very docile TWH behind good sturdy cable fence. Well here sh is safe and sound. Bacardi, daughter of whiskey.

MicKey73 02-11-2012 12:03 PM

Aw, she is cute! Dare I ask where her momma went? Did you guys get Whiskey gelded?
Edit: Just saw 'fixed him' in your post....

BarrelracingArabian 02-11-2012 12:08 PM

Aww shes a sweet looking girl good job to you guys for taking them on.

Joe4d 02-11-2012 12:21 PM

yeh, gelded is what i meant by "fixed". The momma is still there, a very old docile horse that acts like a puppy. She seems to be ok the lady can handle her. Whiskey got locked in a stall at about 18 months as the woman was afraid of him, same with this girl as soon as she got too big and a bit pushy.

pintophile 02-11-2012 01:10 PM

Like the name choices. Bacardi, daughter of Whiskey. Now you need a Bailey, Captain Morgan, Tequila, Sambuca...

It'll be neat to see what she looks like when she gets a bit bigger.

CLaPorte432 02-11-2012 01:44 PM

Are you going to keep Bacardi? She's quite a looker!

Country Woman 02-11-2012 04:14 PM

hey Joe its nice that you and your girlfriend rescued

Joe4d 02-11-2012 04:15 PM

We'll see. My Gf has a few shes working on now, including Whiskey. Not sure how she is gonna spend much time with her. At least she'll get basic needs met at my place. I'm not the horse trainer type, and not big on trotting horses. I am much happier with gaited breeds.,,,,, but ya never know. I'm not gonna just pawn her off on someone. We'll get her saddle broke, and basic trail trained and see how it goes. Bet she would make an endurance mount if I actually learned how to ride. She looks like she is gonna be a big girl, I will try to get accurate age and height maybe you guys can tell me what to expect.