The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/)
-   -   Parelli or Clinton Anderson? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/parelli-clinton-anderson-112829/)

EquestrianCowgirl4 02-12-2012 07:18 PM

Parelli or Clinton Anderson?

Who do you like?
Parelli?
or
Clinton Anderson?

attackships 02-12-2012 07:24 PM

parelli seems like a good horseman, but ive seen some clips from his clinics and the big show production he puts on is a bit "much" for me personally. i have never seen/read anything about clinton anderson so i can't compare. Although I do like clinton anderson's rope halters despite how dang expensive they are. I'll vote for him! ;p

trainerunlimited 02-12-2012 07:34 PM

I like Clinton's method. You don't need as much stuff to mess with them and I can understand and relate to him a lot better. I also like Chris Cox, but he wasn't an option, lol.

SorrelHorse 02-12-2012 07:45 PM

I do not like the Pareli methos simply because I don't connect with it. I haven't gone in depth at all, but fro what I have of clinton anderson (I get dvds from the no worries club) it is easy to understand and effective for me and the horses.

OkieGal 02-12-2012 07:47 PM

Niether, but if I HAD to choose one, Anderson.
I voted other.
Posted via Mobile Device

Adam 02-12-2012 07:51 PM

I chose other as well. If I had to pick a big named guy, it would be John Lyons. However, my fav is the trainer I've hired :)

farmpony84 02-12-2012 07:53 PM

I like many of Clinton Andersons methods but I have found some of Parellis tips useful. I've also used John Lyons and many others, along with my own personal trainer. The important thing is to know that there is no ONE training method for any ONE horse. What works for me, might not work for you and what works for this horse, may not work for that horse. There is nothing wrong with mixing and matching. I am totally against drinking any koolaids though.

EquestrianCowgirl4 02-12-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1356210)
I like many of Clinton Andersons methods but I have found some of Parellis tips useful. I've also used John Lyons and many others, along with my own personal trainer. The important thing is to know that there is no ONE training method for any ONE horse. What works for me, might not work for you and what works for this horse, may not work for that horse. There is nothing wrong with mixing and matching. I am totally against drinking any koolaids though.

I agree with you! I go alot off Parelli as a base but I also have my own twist on it. I also do some stacy westfall too!
i like where you are coming from

myhorsesonador 02-12-2012 08:48 PM

I don't like either of them, and I'll tell you why. These are my opinions and you don't have to agree with them :)

Parelli: I guess it's good for bonding, but for the most part is just a bunch of games. I've seen so meny videos that proves Parelli and him wife (mostly his wife) Don't really know NH.

Clinton: Arogant SOB.

Both Parelli and Clinton spend their whole show "buy my product blah blah blah"

Who I do like is: Chris Cox, Denis Reis, Craig Camron, and a local trainer here that tought one of his students to ride a wild untouched mustang in 3 hours with just a rope halter, named Tom Olive. (I'm sure he has done it, but the girl that was riding was a friends kid.)

SorrelHorse 02-12-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhorsesonador (Post 1356356)
I don't like either of them, and I'll tell you why. These are my opinions and you don't have to agree with them :)

Parelli: I guess it's good for bonding, but for the most part is just a bunch of games. I've seen so meny videos that proves Parelli and him wife (mostly his wife) Don't really know NH.

Clinton: Arogant SOB.

Both Parelli and Clinton spend their whole show "buy my product blah blah blah"

Who I do like is: Chris Cox, Denis Reis, Craig Camron, and a local trainer here that tought one of his students to ride a wild untouched mustang in 3 hours with just a rope halter, named Tom Olive. (I'm sure he has done it, but the girl that was riding was a friends kid.)

I find that the methods still work even without the products however.

An honestly I really hate craig cameron...Not for his methods but for the fact that none of his shows have ever really helped me. A lot of talking and not a whole bunch of variety or successful tips....It takes awhile to get to the point. Chris Cox and Dennis Reis are okay for me, I just find them sort of dull. I have to be in the mood to really sit down and pay attention.