The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Curing the Pushy Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/curing-pushy-horse-112842/)

GwenD 02-12-2012 09:00 PM

Curing the Pushy Horse

Hi,

Natural horsemanship trainer, Gord Searle, just posted a fantastic video on curing the pushy horse. It quite long - about 60 minutes - but it's worth every minute. Amazing what he does with a horse that doesn't respect personal space. A must see for anyone that has a horse that needs a manners upgrade.

Working Towards the Horse You Want - Part I - Natural Horsemanship - Video Display :: neighbay.ca

Enjoy.

Gwen

littleredridinghood 02-13-2012 12:22 PM

Def. going to watch this tonight. My horse has been super pushy sice I got him back from being leased out

GwenD 02-13-2012 12:25 PM

Some folks may have experience with Gord's techniques, but I have to say that this was new to me and I was amazed at how well it works! It's very detailed and gives you each step systematically.

Hope you enjoy it.

RockyTrails 01-29-2013 12:14 PM

The video link is dead, if anyone knows of a current link for the video would you please post it here,

RockyTrails 01-29-2013 12:28 PM

NM, I found the current link it is at.

Gord Searle - YouTube

palogal 01-29-2013 10:26 PM

It's kind of amazing to me how someone cam complicate such a simple lesson. <shrug>

nvr2many 01-29-2013 10:29 PM

^^ Do tell??

palogal 01-29-2013 10:32 PM

Pushy horses are not hard to handle or fix. When dealing with a pushy horse - carry a whip. If he steps in your space, WHACK. Problem solved. They learn quickly.

Thunderspark 01-30-2013 01:45 AM

I follow Clinton Anderson's methods, never heard of this guy but Iwill watch the vid to see how he is....thanks for posting....

Palomine 01-30-2013 05:30 PM

This guy is an idiot too. Great way to get a high headed horse that will decide humans are all idiots.

Same thing as if I needed to get you to move in aisle, do you want me slapping you, or nicely indicating I need to get by.l

Wonder how many will fall for this one?

Your attitude is what "fixes" a pushy horse. Which more than likely the human has taught to behave this way.

And whoever had the idea of jiggling/wiggling/hitting a horse in the head area to get them to back up, had that rope tied around their neck, with other end lashed to tree limb, so I could kick the chair out from under them.