The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   "Ciri", the smart phone knowledge Goddess (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/ciri-smart-phone-knowledge-goddess-112939/)

tinyliny 02-13-2012 05:30 PM

"Ciri", the smart phone knowledge Goddess

That's what I call her. You know, that app where you can speak directly to her and she also speaks to you and reminds you of things that you have on your calendar.

Well, my brother was demonstrating by asking Ciri to marry him. It was really cute, the way Ciri deflected the conversation with things like, "We hardly know each other."

Have you tried Ciri and have you had some fun with "her"?

Duren 02-13-2012 05:32 PM

My friend got angry with her the other day and cursed at her. She told him next time to ask nicely...it was a trip!

VT Trail Trotters 02-13-2012 05:35 PM

Its a fun thing to ask it stuff! My friend has a iphone S and he asked her to marry him and she said "thats sweet can i help you with anything else?"

tinyliny 02-15-2012 08:04 PM

anybody else have funny Ciri interactions?

DraftyAiresMum 02-18-2012 01:15 AM

Not directly, but my sister got an iPhone 4 for Christmas and she was demonstrating Ciri to my mom. It was freakin' hilarious!! Not Ciri...my sister and my mom.

My sister asked Ciri where the nearest McDonald's was and Ciri told her. Then my sister asked Ciri how to get there from where we were (we were in my dad's van heading back from shooting and had passed the McDonald's) and Ciri said something like "You have already passed the McDonald's. You must turn around at the next available opportunity." My sister told Ciri that we couldn't and right before Ciri responded, my mom goes "I knew it. We're screwed. No McDonald's tonight, kids!" (it was me, my son [who is 7], my niece's "boyfriend" [who is 20], my brother-in-law, my mom, and my dad in the van...so the "kids" thing was pretty funny). Ciri "ignored" my mom and responded to my sister's assertion that we couldn't turn around with "I'm not sure I can help you with that."

We were dying laughing!

PintoTess 02-26-2012 04:59 AM

Isn't it Siri with a "s"??

I swore at her one day and she said "do not use that incompetent tone with me!'

I told her I love her and she said "I bet you say that to all your electronic devices!'

Tell her she is a bitch and she says "Im only trying to help!'

To me she is just a sad little person trapped in my iPhone that has nothing better to do than correct my speaking. Shes also good to yell at, she stays calm and never yells back!

Ahhhh good old Siri, but dont, I repeat dont, call her names, that really pees her off!

Kayty 06-08-2012 02:22 AM

Well, I just joined the world of this 'fandangled' modern technology as of yesterday, and upgraded my Nokia who had gone well past its useby date thanks to me dropping it multiple times and it being generally useless anyway.
I wandered into the the phone store, put my phone on the table and said 'I hate this one, it's p!ssing me off! I think I want an Iphone'. I don't know a thing about Iphones.... So off we go, setting up my package etc. hands me a brand spanking new iphone. Go past my folks place on the way to feeding the horses, and put my phone on the bench. The 13 year old sister **** near has a heart attack when she sees it - "OH MY GOD!!! Kayt!!! You got a 4S, it's got Siri!!!!!".... "Nah sorry kiddo, I just got an Iphone.."..... I copped a raised eyebrow and a smirk, as a 13 year old proceeds to explain that my phone is the newest and best Iphone model, it's got all these fancy features and you can download apps...

So - can anyone explain this Siri thing to me? What is it? How do I use it? What do I use it for? etc.!!! Nana Kayty is so confused!!

Samstead 06-08-2012 02:34 AM

SIRI (I think isn't that what the S is for? I could be wrong.) texted me the spthe word dead when my spcosin told her to "text Sam Stead" ....happened with people too they ask who's speaking on the phone and I say "Sam Stead" people are shocked and give their condolences. Oh the benefits (kinda) of having a name that sounds like the word dead.

Kayty 06-08-2012 02:43 AM

Hahahaha thats fantastic!

DancingArabian 06-08-2012 01:39 PM

Siri is a built in search engine type thing on your phone. Hold the home button down until she starts talking, then talk to her. Ask her questions or give her a task. Just remember that each time you want her to hear you you have to hold the home button. Ask her about the weather or to text someone or make a call or play a song - anything! You can ask her to tell you a joke too. Whatever question you ask her she will try to answer.
Posted via Mobile Device