The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Trying to Find A Horse's Registration Info (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/trying-find-horses-registration-info-112997/)

SullysRider 02-13-2012 11:48 PM

Trying to Find A Horse's Registration Info

Ok here's my dilemma-
I recently purchased a TB from my trainer, and he is registered but I don't know his registered name or his birth date or his dam or sire...or anything about his papers lol. And I trust my trainer that he is registered but I won't see his papers until Thursday (she is out of town for a family emergency) and because of her family situation I feel guilty about calling/txting her and bugging her about his registered name etc. So is there any way I can find his papers with the info I have- He is a TB, a gelding, 16.2, Bay and roughly 14-15 yrs old and he has no white markings (maybe a partial coronet on his left hind, but it is more of a roaning rather than a true marking) and I know my trainers name (his papers are still in her name) which I'm not going release without her permission.

Cowgirls Boots 02-13-2012 11:59 PM

125 Attachment(s)
I don't think there is anyway to find out unless you have dam/sire info or a reg name.
Posted via Mobile Device

SullysRider 02-14-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirls Boots (Post 1358585)
I don't think there is anyway to find out unless you have dam/sire info or a reg name.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I was afraid of...I think I'll have to wait...but I'm not a very patient person lol.

sierrams1123 02-14-2012 01:35 AM

There would be no harm in texting her asking just start the text off saying I hope everything is okay or something about whatever may be going on then say if you don't mind when you get a chance could you text me the horse's reg name.....something along those lines.
If she does not answer then you will know she is busy, just one text wont do any harm because it gives her the option if and when she answers.

tlkng1 02-14-2012 07:21 AM

Maybe a dumb question here...If the horse is a thoroughbred and is registered, the only site for TB registration is the Jockey Club which means the horse has a tattoo on the underside of the upper lip; you can run the tattoo through the Jockey Club site.

NdAppy 02-14-2012 07:31 AM

I beleive only the TB's that are tattooed are the ones that actually go to the track. The rest are not.

SullysRider 02-14-2012 09:29 AM

I am not sure if he was actually run but I will check for a tattoo today, I also sent her a txt like you suggested Sierra.
Posted via Mobile Device

DandyLonglegs 02-14-2012 11:43 AM

Of course with his age, even if he does have a tattoo it might be very difficult to read! Those things get out of whack fast.

Good luck SullysRider and keep us updated on how it goes.

SullysRider 02-15-2012 03:24 PM

Update:
Apparently he isn't registered :( the contract he used was a general template and she forgot to change it. On the bright side I found out he's half warm blood which would explain a lot because he is built much better than most tbs, with only his head and his shoulders looking like a tbs. I was a little disappointed at first but I've always wanted a warm blood, so I got one (well half) in a horse I love!
Posted via Mobile Device

SullysRider 02-15-2012 04:43 PM

She used* my trainer is a she lol
Posted via Mobile Device