The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   I rode today for the first time in five months (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/i-rode-today-first-time-five-113043/)

Fellpony 02-14-2012 01:54 PM

I rode today for the first time in five months

I walked mainly around the paddocks then had a little trot. It was quite cold so my clothing was layered but it felt great to be riding again. I stopped riding my little Fell mare as I felt I was getting to heavy for her. I have been on a healthy eating and excercise plan for the last 5 months. I have lost over a stone and half in that time and planning to lose more still. I dropped a Jodphur size to so far.

I cannot wait till she and I am fit enough to hack out together again. But for now I am enjoying being back in the saddle again. I am looking forward to a summer of rides again. I was grining like a cheshire cat.

Miss Eva Diva pony <3<3<3 ( Brakenbank Eva) in her winter woolies......

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/a...faye/003-9.jpg

gigem88 02-14-2012 01:59 PM

She is a fuzzy little thing! Very happy for you, hope you have many rides this summer!

AndreaSctlnd 02-14-2012 02:19 PM

Look at those fuzzy feets!!! And look at that smiling face!

Golden Horse 02-14-2012 02:48 PM

Good for you, LOVE that smile, you can hack out now, ride her 1 mile up the road, jump off jog her back in hand, do that daily and you will both get fitter:lol:

Fellpony 02-14-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 1359344)
Good for you, LOVE that smile, you can hack out now, ride her 1 mile up the road, jump off jog her back in hand, do that daily and you will both get fitter:lol:

I might try that riding up the road and running back it would help me get even slimmer :)

AndreaSctlnd 02-14-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 1359344)

I am afraid if I tried that, I would not make it back! LOL But what a good idea for getting both of you in shape!

I mean, Dee and I are both shapes...it just happens to be round.

Golden Horse 02-14-2012 05:15 PM

The best would be to jog OUT, and then get on and ride back, but if you are like me you have to mount at home from your trusty mounting block.

Country Woman 02-14-2012 05:27 PM

good for you
that is an accomplishment

tinyliny 02-14-2012 05:36 PM

YOu don't look outsized for that horse/pony.

Fellpony 02-14-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1359646)
YOu don't look outsized for that horse/pony.

We are both on the chunky side LOL But she is right height for me. I can climb aboard easily and if I fall off it not to far to fall. I have 7 ponies so its up to me to get myself down to a suitable riding weight for them.