The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   How to stop my pony knocking his water bucket over? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/how-stop-my-pony-knocking-his-113138/)

pinkbobby10 02-15-2012 08:15 AM

How to stop my pony knocking his water bucket over?

Hi there!
My 12.1hh Exmoor Pony knocks his water bucket over in the stable when he is in his stable over night. He is 20 years old and I have had him since he was 14 years old and he has always done it. On a night he gets a full haynet to keep his body weight on as he is getting an old man!
I have tried putting his water in a smaller bucket and then putting the smaller bucket in a bigger bucket but he still knocks it over! He even does it in Summer when it is boiling hot?
Does anyone have any ideas to stop him doing this or why he does it?
Thank You!
Dayna x
Posted via Mobile Device

GhostwindAppaloosa 02-15-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbobby10 (Post 1360632)
Hi there!
My 12.1hh Exmoor Pony knocks his water bucket over in the stable when he is in his stable over night. He is 20 years old and I have had him since he was 14 years old and he has always done it. On a night he gets a full haynet to keep his body weight on as he is getting an old man!
I have tried putting his water in a smaller bucket and then putting the smaller bucket in a bigger bucket but he still knocks it over! He even does it in Summer when it is boiling hot?
Does anyone have any ideas to stop him doing this or why he does it?
Thank You!
Dayna x
Posted via Mobile Device

Bucket Holder - Horse.com

caseymyhorserocks 02-15-2012 10:38 PM

^ Above. Or this
Bucket Buddy® | Dover Saddlery

Skipka 02-16-2012 03:18 AM

My mare often does that so I stand her bucket inside an old car tyre. Works a treat!

sierrams1123 02-16-2012 03:37 AM

any of the above...or this

Jeffers® Bucket Strap

or this

Steel Bucket Holder

or this

Perri's Wall Mount Bucket Hook - Stainless Steel Stall Hardware Stable Supplies Stable HorseLoverZ.com

they have a lot of options on horseloverz.com just type bucket into the search

pinkbobby10 02-16-2012 06:33 AM

Aww thanks guys! I thought about an old car tyre:)
Posted via Mobile Device