The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   OH Boy! The horses are shedding! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/oh-boy-horses-shedding-113243/)

tinyliny 02-16-2012 12:45 AM

OH Boy! The horses are shedding!

It's my all time favorite season; horse shedding out time! When I get to breathe in wafts of floating equine hair, with dirt, too! and the way it clings to my coat and then transfers to the sheepskin carseat covers is just hot diggidy dog wonderful!

Thyme 02-16-2012 12:48 AM

Tell me about it! I like it when the hair clumps with sweat on the saddle pad, thats nice

Newby32 02-16-2012 12:50 AM

Oh, I know it! I have a curly horse that has the longest hair and it is shedding like crazy. I cleaned my brush 10 times or more today and it is still full of hair. I'm talking, that this brush was so full of hair that I can't use it without cleaning it out. It's crazy! I should take a picture of all the hair on the ground when I'm done grooming. :)

tinyliny 02-16-2012 12:54 AM

Oh, oh, how about this one: when you get hair in your mouth and you try to spit it out and you make that "puttui" sound!

trailhorserider 02-16-2012 01:04 AM

Horse shedding always makes my asthma act up. I use my inhaler a lot this time of year. :lol:

It is very gratifying to get a bunch of hair off a horse though. :-)

DraftyAiresMum 02-16-2012 01:07 AM

I am sooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to Aires shedding!!

Although, with our bi-polar weather, I'm not sure he'll know WHEN to shed out. lol

tinyliny 02-16-2012 01:18 AM

The birds at the barn appreciate all the great nest building material.
I , too, have asthma.

Born2Ride 02-16-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1362337)
I am sooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to Aires shedding!!

Although, with our bi-polar weather, I'm not sure he'll know WHEN to shed out. lol

Haha, same here. Ohio seriously needs to make its mind up this winter. We were having such a great winter, it was getting up to almost the 60's.... and then this week were getting nothing but snow :(.

Klassic Superstar 02-16-2012 01:23 AM

This is why I love my clipped horse...yet he is also shedding haha everyone else is getting huge clumps out

tinyliny 02-16-2012 01:26 AM

Yeah but, (remember when as kids we used that phrase a lot?) I feel real sorry for you when you have to put the blanket on, take the blanket off, put the blanket on, take it off, clean it, repair it, buy a new one, and my lease horse goes "naked", which is so darn convenient (until now when he "molts").