The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Questionnaire (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/questionnaire-113262/)

howdyme 02-16-2012 07:49 AM

Questionnaire

I received a questionnaire back in January, 2012, I believe from the Dept of Ag, stating that this form was to be submitted by Feb 3rd and that it was required by law to be filled out. Has anyone else received this questionnaire and if so, did you fill it out? Thank you.

goneriding 02-16-2012 08:08 AM

I don't fill out anything! Sounds like BS to me.

natisha 02-16-2012 08:27 AM

Yes, don't respond to it. I can't remember the details but it's some sort of Gov. thing where they are trying to regulate or tax livestock. If I can find the details I'll post them.

howdyme 02-16-2012 08:30 AM

Questionnaire

Thank you!!! My gut feeling was to throw it out, which I did last month and yesterday's request went into the trash as well!!!!!!! I would love to find out the details on this...thank you all. Susan

natisha 02-16-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdyme (Post 1362734)
Thank you!!! My gut feeling was to throw it out, which I did last month and yesterday's request went into the trash as well!!!!!!! I would love to find out the details on this...thank you all. Susan

What agency was it from? What was the form called?

Guilherme 02-16-2012 08:59 AM

There is an annual form that's sent to farmers and it is required by Federal Law.

If you have any questions about what you received call the your local Farm Service Agency office (usually found in or near post offices in rural communities). They can identify the form and, if it's real, give you the 5Ws about it.

If you can't find the FSA office call your local County Extenstion Agent. They willl get you the information you need or tell you how to find it.

G.

howdyme 02-16-2012 09:01 AM

Questionnaire Form Title..

The Questionnaire is called "2012 National Agricultural Classification Survey" form OMB Number 0535-0226 Approval Expires 10/31/2014. I pulled it from the trash, but not before I spilled coffee and egg all over it. yuck

its lbs not miles 02-16-2012 09:50 AM

Sounds like it's part of the Agriculture Census Act (or whatever they call it). Something the Federal Gov't passed the latter part of the 1990's.

Some states have been doing something like this for decades to keep up with the state's agri productions of major crops or animal production.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will turn up. If you're not producing anything just answer no (most time these forms have a "no" or "nothing" selection you can make near the beginning) then you usually don't have to worry about the rest of the form, since it won't apply. That's what we did when we stopped farming. It's easier to answer no and not be bothered by them anymore, than to have to keep dealing with it because you didn't send it in, so you've been kept in the system instead of being removed.

We don't count pets, since they are not raised as a source of income (but certainly a source of expense). If you're deducting expenses from livestock or crops then you'll need to list them, but most people don't try to deduct the cost of having pets (unless they want trouble wtih the IRS when they get caught) :))

howdyme 02-16-2012 10:52 AM

Thank you...yes, I guess the best thing to do is to just answer "no"as I have no crops and do not sell horses or any livestock for that matter. The horses are just pets, certainly not income producing. :) Thank you...

loveduffy 02-16-2012 12:51 PM

they sent it to my in NY and I do not know why I do not own a farm I ride that is it