The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Potential Danger of Horse Hair.... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/potential-danger-horse-hair-113268/)

Evansk 02-16-2012 09:25 AM

Potential Danger of Horse Hair....

Potential Danger of Horse HairÖ This is a public service announcement.
In a press release today, the National Institute of Health has announced the discovery of a potentially dangerous substance in the hair of horses. This substance, called "amobacter equuii" has been linked with the following symptoms in females:
* Reluctance to cook, clean or do housework.
* Reluctance to wear make-up, good clothes or heels.
* Reluctance to spend money on home or car repairs until after "baby" has trimmed hooves, pad, blanket, tack, grain, hay & supplements.
* "Amobacter equuii" usually results in long hours away from home and exhaustion which may lead to a loss of physical contact with other humans (especially husbands).
* "Amobacter equuii" is thought to be addictive, driving the need for additional sources - this may lead to a "herd mentality" or, like the potato chip commercial, "you canít have just one".
Beware! If you come in contact with a female human infected by this substance, be prepared to talk about horses for hours.
Surgeon Generalís Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive and may impare the ability to use common sense.
"Amobacter equuii" is usually found in females but can occasionally infect males as well.

Kayella 02-16-2012 10:14 AM

Haha I love this!! I thought this was serious and my first though was "What a load of bull crud!" :lol:

Evansk 02-16-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayella (Post 1362856)
Haha I love this!! I thought this was serious and my first though was "What a load of bull crud!" :lol:

LMAO! :D Thats why I posted it, figured people would be like WTH?!

Kayella 02-16-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evansk (Post 1362861)
LMAO! :D Thats why I posted it, figured people would be like WTH?!

Definitely had me going for a second!

Endiku 02-16-2012 10:25 AM

same here! I'm sad to say that I'm almost 100% sure that I'm affected by amobacter equuii. Maybe I should turn myself in to the government?

Evansk 02-16-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endiku (Post 1362875)
same here! I'm sad to say that I'm almost 100% sure that I'm affected by amobacter equuii. Maybe I should turn myself in to the government?

:D Maybe... But they might use you for testing to make a vaccine ! hahahah and we don't need that.. :lol:

Skyseternalangel 02-16-2012 10:32 AM

Love it! :)

thesilverspear 02-16-2012 10:50 AM

Is it the underlying ingredient in this harmful drug, taken by thousands of children and adults? EQUASY

Cacowgirl 02-16-2012 11:03 AM

Well, I have all the symptons,so I'm sure I have a full-blown case it it-LOL.

With Grace 02-16-2012 12:04 PM

I'm pretty sure I've contracted this as well...I must have caught it from the other ladies at my barn, they have similar symptoms...