The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Video of our Valentine's Day ride (Maui) (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/video-our-valentines-day-ride-maui-113288/)

Beling 02-16-2012 03:13 PM

Video of our Valentine's Day ride (Maui)

Hi all, thought you might enjoy this, taken by one of the other riders, who does a lot of trail riding. (I'm on the black pony who was very nervous through most of the ride. She didn't settle down until we were almost fiinished.)

annaleah 02-16-2012 03:52 PM

beautiful scenary!! I'm jealous!!

Celeste 02-16-2012 07:23 PM

Looks like a great ride!

tinyliny 02-16-2012 07:28 PM

Where on Maui is that? the general area, I mean. Is one of those your own horse? Is that a pay by the hour place or are you riding your own horses with friends?

Love Maui!

phantomhorse13 02-17-2012 09:22 AM

The shot of you looking back and grinning says it all! Looks like a lot of fun.

QOS 02-17-2012 10:37 AM

Looks like a great ride! Glad the mare finally settled down so you could totally enjoy yourself!

Beling 02-18-2012 03:11 PM

Tinyliny, this ranch isn't really a national park (the sign is a sort of joke). It's just out of the Central Maui, in the West Maui mountains. It's right behind Tropical Plantations, if you know where that is. Yod Neal, my NH trainer (he hates being called NH ha ha!) runs trail rides and lessons there.

I got Yod to take a few of us dressage riders on the trail, just a long walk (except for my antsy little one.) My "dressage horse" was just a little lame so we rented a horse for my partner. Then one of the other dressage riders cancelled. So we only had the one 3rd Level dressage horse-- and she wouldn't cross the stream! But she got over by using a narrow bridge, which I thought was much scarier.

This is the first time I'd been on that ride.
You MUST let me know if you visit!

MisssMarie 02-18-2012 03:28 PM

I know what I'm doin next time we're in Maui!!
Posted via Mobile Device