The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   What do you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/what-do-you-think-113296/)

JessXxX 02-16-2012 03:17 PM

What do you think?

Heyy so this is my first digital painting I know it's a little rough round the edges but I drew and painted it all and yeah so what do you guys think? :)

hugee thanks to Creampuff
who helped me out tonnes with this with different tutorials and advice etc :)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/dno6sk.jpg

Snizard93 02-16-2012 03:49 PM

Wow, that's awesome for your first :lol:

Caitlinpalomino 02-16-2012 03:53 PM

Wow that is awesome! And it's only your first try!

JessXxX 02-16-2012 03:53 PM

Snizard93: Thank you, I know theres a lot that could be done better but hey, it's a start :)

Caitlin: Thanks, yeah my first proper one hopefully I'll improve :)

Snizard93 02-16-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessXxX (Post 1363319)
Snizard93: Thank you, I know theres a lot that could be done better but hey, it's a start

it doesn't matter how long you draw for, there's always things to improve or change! But yeah, that is awesome for your first time. I couldn't do that - ill stick to paper for now! I'd love to give it a go though :lol:

JessXxX 02-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snizard93 (Post 1363329)
it doesn't matter how long you draw for, there's always things to improve or change! But yeah, that is awesome for your first time. I couldn't do that - ill stick to paper for now! I'd love to give it a go though :lol:

you should! I love working digitally and theres loads of free programs you can use to try it out, but yeah thanks I think thats half the fun cos, like horse riding, you can always improve :)

Snizard93 02-16-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessXxX (Post 1363344)
you should! I love working digitally and theres loads of free programs you can use to try it out, but yeah thanks I think thats half the fun cos, like horse riding, you can always improve :)

Do you use the free ones? I know there's a free equivalent to photoshop but I don't remember what it's called.

Pyrros 02-16-2012 04:26 PM

Jess/Fire! Long time no see! 8D As your digital art teacher, THAT IS AWESOME.

I'm very very proud of the progress you've made! 8D Also you should get on MSN more so we can frolic, yes D:

Also, you must teach me how to do that reflection thing. xD I've never figured it out.

Pyrros 02-16-2012 04:27 PM

And Snizard93, there are lots of free ones out there! Gimp, Sumopaint, PaintTool SAI. :3

JessXxX 02-16-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snizard93 (Post 1363359)
Do you use the free ones? I know there's a free equivalent to photoshop but I don't remember what it's called.

I used photoshop for this but up until very very recently I was using one of the free programs I think the one you're referring is GIMP which is what I used up until I got photoshop you can download it here GIMP it's totally free and I think really good even now I still switch between the two sometimes :)