The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What do you think of the Collegiate Jesscia Pro dressage saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-do-you-think-collegiate-jesscia-113303/)

Klassic Superstar 02-16-2012 03:59 PM

What do you think of the Collegiate Jesscia Pro dressage saddle?

1 Attachment(s)
I am very excited to be picking up a new/used dressage saddle for me to try out. Ill be picking it up tonight an trying it out this weekend and I iwll of course post pictures of it on little Oliver to see what you think!

Wanted to get your thaughts on this saddle!!!
If it works out Ill be paying 300 for it :D

I have posted a picture of the saddle, the picture is off the internet but the saddle looks the same and is the same brand, just a clearer brighter picture of it.

I was planning on going for my Training level Award through USDF this summer but with the winter Oliver and I have had I think we will stick to low level jumping and dressage at home and small schooling shows this year to keep him working and by next year we will be even more ready! I had a wintec Pro that was to big for me and just was making my postion SUCK so I sold it :)

Please help, need advice and opinions! :shock:

Klassic Superstar 02-16-2012 04:49 PM

Bump
Would live input before I pick it up tonight at 7

crimsonsky 02-16-2012 05:17 PM

i've ridden in one collegiate dressage saddle and personally hated it. HOWEVER that is all one experience. the saddle itself appeared well made and in good condition for it's age (an older collegiate before they were bought out by wintec/bates).

that's probably not helpful at all... :/

crimsonsky 02-16-2012 05:18 PM

on that note - how is your horse's back shaped? that has more of a ... curve? to it than some other saddles. so if you horse has more of a change from withers into back that can work better than say a flatter saddle (like the wintecs for instance).

Klassic Superstar 02-16-2012 05:19 PM

What about it made you hate it?
This is a newer 2010 or so model idk if that makes any difference

crimsonsky 02-16-2012 05:45 PM

eh... let me see if i can find a picture of the one i rode in. the leather was nice and it was a decent intro level saddle as far as quality/price goes but i found it put me into more of a chair seat than it should and i without fail hit my pubic bone on the pommel. NO FUN. it was also more of a flat shape through the seat/panels/tree and so didn't fit my horse well at all. again - these are all personal experience kind of things and everyone is different so it could end up being perfect for you - i just wasn't a fan.

crimsonsky 02-16-2012 05:48 PM

the one i test rode looked like this but i can't say for sure it was the same model - this was 3-4 years ago.

http://www.vtosaddlery.com/prodimg/c...gtwitchell.jpg

Klassic Superstar 02-16-2012 05:52 PM

Okay thank you very much! I'll let you know how it works out!!

Barry Godden 02-16-2012 05:58 PM

Ideal Saddles in the UK make a dressage saddle called a Jessica.

The Collegiate looks remarkably similar.

crimsonsky 02-16-2012 06:06 PM

it's probably designed after the Ideal. :wink: