The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Computer Problems!!! AHHH, please help! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/computer-problems-ahhh-please-help-11339/)

mlkarel2010 07-11-2008 08:19 PM

Computer Problems!!! AHHH, please help!

Ok, for some reason my computer and search engines HATE each other :evil: When I google something for example everything comes up the way it should, but if I try to click on a link, it DOESN'T work. It opens a new window, starts to open the page i wanted then goes to some www.usafindland.com or something and then to like a myshovel.com or something after that...

and now i just tried it to get the right thing and it opened a new window as google's home....

i tried it AGAIN and it opened a window to the usa one then the shovel one and THEN www.blinx.com... it's like it opens a window and keeps redirecting itself again and again.... but the weird thing is that the first window with the search engine stays exactly the same!!!

oh my goodness!!! some one please help I'm desperate! post in here or pm me i don't care

TaMMa89 07-11-2008 09:31 PM

I think you have a some kind of virus. Scan your computer with an anti-virus software.

mlkarel2010 07-12-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaMMa89
I think you have a some kind of virus. Scan your computer with an anti-virus software.

i did, and there was nothing.....

TaMMa89 07-12-2008 10:31 AM

Sounds really weird o.O. I've never heard that nothing else but viruses work like that. Maybe there are some problems on Google? Ok, I'm not an authority on computer so I can't say anything confident. I still know that some anti-virus softwares don't recognize all viruses so I think that scanning your computer with another software could be a good idea. I've used e.g. a scanner of Panda Security (www.pandasecurity.com) sometimes.

If you can't solve the problem and my friend surfaces on messenger I can ask if she knows something. She is much better with computer than I.

mlkarel2010 07-12-2008 10:51 AM

but it's not just google, it's ALL search engines.... it's weird

TaMMa89 07-12-2008 10:54 AM

Ok. It's weird.

mlkarel2010 07-12-2008 10:56 AM

I know... oh, duh, I'm going to email my tech savvy friend!!

TaMMa89 07-12-2008 11:10 AM

Ok. Hope you'll solve this problem.

Moxie 07-12-2008 12:14 PM

Grrrrr I bet that is so frustrating!!!

I personally have never had that problem, but could it have something to do with your window's options? Maybe check those options and tools and see what you can come up with.

Vidaloco 07-12-2008 09:31 PM

Sounds like you have a hijacker. if you have an antispyware program on your computer you need to run it. If you dont have one get one. Google has a free one called Spyware Doctor if you can get to it.
Check to see who your default search engine is too. it should be listed under your internet options for "search"